Strategic Resources, Inc. (SRI) is an international, ISO 9001:2015 Certified, CMMI Level 3 Rated full-service provider with more than 30 years of experience in the Federal, military, and commercial marketplaces. SRI is now seeking an experienced Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic to support JBSA - Lackland, TX.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess a patient's condition and determine a course of treatment per local protocol.
- Provide morning triage for student(s) incapable to perform in training due to medical and musculoskeletal reasons. Triage will be used to determine: - If student is stable refer all medical conditions to the base Flight Medicine Clinic.
- Assigned to student flight for medical monitoring of all high risk training event modules to provide medical coverage and monitoring that include aquatic and land based training.
- Respond, stabilize and activate Emergency Medical System in response to physical trauma, heat stroke, and near drowning episodes.
- Summarize nature of injury and emergency care rendered to the receiving EMS responders.
- Inventory, replace, and clean all supplies and equipment after use.
- Interface with biotechnology monitoring systems and physiologic thresholds that should prompt medical emergency intervention to preempt injury/trauma. Access to the system and required training will be provided by the government.
- Work with a multidisciplinary human performance team that includes other medical professionals to ensure the proper care and health monitoring of all students (i.e. physicians, sports medicine provider, athletic trainers, physical therapists, operational psychologists, strength coaches, etc).
- Coordinate with contracted or military medical director, government supervisor, preceptor and /or lead paramedic on a daily basis for proper medical oversight and direction in accordance with national and state EMT-P and Paramedic guidelines.
- Keep accurate records of all injuries, method of treatment, rehabilitation, and medical releases. In the course of normal operations, provide relevant information to SW medical staff to support the students' medical needs.
- Work a non-standard schedule, extended hours, and/or rotating shifts which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays, but not to exceed a 40-hour week. Shall be flexible and may need to deviate from the typical work week schedule.
- The work requires some physical exertion, such as walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces as well as time spent outdoors in extreme temperatures and variable weather conditions.
- Visits or extended duties to these types of locations/sites or sites to observe performance/events, to perform surveys, to conduct planning, etcetera are required to ensure mission accomplishment. Some agility is required in physically conducting actions in these environments.
- Work may require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
- Paramedic / EMT Certification
- Certification from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) or State License at the EMT-P level or higher
- 3 years of experience as a Paramedic within the last 5 years
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to pass an NACI background check
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and Affirmative Action Employer (AAE).