Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Due to continued rapid growth and expansion of the water group in Ontario, we are seeking a Senior Project Manager - Linear Infrastructure to be based in either our Waterloo or Toronto Area / Greater Toronto Area offices with diversified experience in business development, project capture planning and proposal writing, design and construction contract administration of municipal projects including linear Infrastructure (sewers & water systems), lift stations, pump stations, and storage facilities. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Support our Water Practice Business Development group to continue our expansion of water infrastructure market share in Ontario. Activities will involve participating in client relationship development, project capture planning and preparing proposals.
- Work directly with senior engineers and technical teams in leading the execution of various ongoing projects.
- Manage projects with direct communication with clients, sub consultants, and contractors.
- Ensure project deliverables meet or exceed GHD's internal and external client quality objectives.
- Bachelor's degree Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer Designation P.Eng.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Designation considered an asset.
- 10 - 15 years post-graduate experience - minimum 10 years in water/sewer and multi-discipline projects.
- Proven track record in business development, project capture planning, and proposal writing.
- Proven experience in technical and business leadership and management of linear infrastructure engineering and water projects and project teams through both design and construction phases.
- Sewer/water condition assessment, rehabilitation, and new trenchless installation experience considered an asset.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of construction methods, logistics, equipment & methodology selection.
- Familiar with cost estimating & scheduling related to linear construction.
- Experience in risk management analysis, evaluation and presentation to the client.
- Experience in preparation of detailed design reports & construction reporting.
- Liaise with other disciplines, professionals, clients and third party as needed.
- Excellent verbal and report writing skills.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making and teamwork skills.
- References - two from clients or companies that the applicant has been engaged with in the past five years.