INTEGRITY. LEADERSHIP. SERVICE. TEAMWORK. VALUE.
At Crete Area Medical Center, these beliefs are the foundation of everything we do. We're proud to be a community hospital with national recognition for quality care in our relentless pursuit of excellence in caring for our community. One of the finest rural health facilities in Nebraska, we offer inpatient and outpatient hospital services as well as physician clinics to care for patients and their families in the convenience of their community. We are a 24-bed critical access hospital located just 25 minutes south of Lincoln, Nebraska.
We are looking to add a compassionate, safety focused, organized Medical Laboratory Technician or Medical Laboratory Scientist to join our Laboratory team. The MLT/MLS will provide exceptional care, have solid organizational skills, able to carry out tasks effectively with minimal supervision and committed to delivering the highest quality service to our patients and their families.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Performs medical laboratory procedures to provide data for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Assists in the technical development of the laboratory staff and work processes. Assists in quality assurance and quality control within all areas of the Crete Area Medical Center including Friend Medical Clinic and Wilber Medical Clinic functions.
YOUR ROLE WOULD ENCOMPASS:
- Commits to the Mission, Vision and Beliefs of Crete Area Medical Center and consistently demonstrates our Core Values.
- Participates in meetings, committees and lean projects as assigned.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends in field of expertise.
- Performs service excellence must-haves to achieve an excellent patient/customer experience.
- Uses quality improvement processes, programs or outcome to help improve department operations.
- Performs all laboratory procedures in all functional areas within the laboratory.
- Demonstrates proficiency in operation and maintenance of all laboratory instruments.
- Performs venipuncture, capillary collections, and arterial punctures.
- Utilizes departmental computer system to report and maintain patient results accurately.
- Evaluates quality control material and results to monitor instrument performance.
- Communicates patient care, testing, and patient results accurately and courteously.
- Participates in annual proficiency testing challenges as assigned.
- Cleans, disinfects, and maintains equipment and laboratory areas as necessary.
- Notifies manager of equipment problems and calls appropriate service techs regarding instrument issues.
- Keeps laboratory properly supplied.
- Assists with ensuring that day to day laboratory duties are completed accurately within the Friend Medical Clinic and the Wilber Medical Clinic.
- Assists with competency and job training of students and other technical staff.
YOUR EXPERIENCE INCLUDES (PROVEN PERFORMANCE IN):
- Working as a Medical Lab Technician or Medical Lab Scientist in a fast-paced setting
- Graduation from a Medical Lab Technician or Medical Lab Science program - required
- Current registration from ASCP, AMT, ISCLT, or equivalent - required
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) - required within 3 months of hire