At Pipeline, the Video Editor assembles recorded footage into a finished project that matches creative's vision and is suitable for broadcasting and/or digital usage. The Video Editor works closely with the Producer and creative team to achieve this goal.
Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience. Assembles recorded footage into a finished project that matches creative's vision and is suitable for broadcasting and/or digital usage.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience.
* Take a brief to grasp production team's needs and specifications.
* Review script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes' value and contribution to continuity.
* Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film.
* Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects.
* Create rough and final cuts.
* Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
* Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process.
* Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry's best practices to maximize efficiency.
* Work with Motion Graphics and post producers to integrate any graphics.
AREA OF STUDY
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
AREA OF EXPERIENCE
Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages
Premiere and Final Cut. Knowledge of After Effects and Avid a plus
Carefully plans ahead to ensure tasks are undertaken and time is used efficiently
Possesses a creative mind
STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
We are providing you with this job description as a guideline for your role. Based on your team, your role may vary slightly and you may perform other duties or have other responsibilities that are dictated by business needs. However, if you think that there are elements of this job description that are inaccurate, please speak with your manager and/or HR Partner.
In addition, this job description is not intended to include modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation for a disability.
For U.S. Job Seekers It is the policy of FCB and any of its affiliates to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. EOE/AA/M/D/V/F.