Biomedical Equipment Technician III Lead
Sierra Army Depot, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Clearance Requirements: CAC
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salary)
Eligible for Remote Work: No
Goldbelt Frontier, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Alaskan Native Corporation Goldbelt, Frontier places an emphasis on research and development, behavioral health, and medical and technological support services. Frontier is ideally suited to work with the Departments of Defense, Homeland Security, and Health and Human Services. Goldbelt Frontier's leadership offers specific expertise related to medical staffing, behavioral health, and program development CONUS and OCONUS.
A BMET, who usually has a two-year degree or higher in Medical Equipment Technology, has good knowledge of schematics and works independently on repairs, safety testing, and preventive maintenance (PM). Maintains records, writes reports, and coordinates outside repairs. Has experience as a Supervisor of a team of BMETs. Has knowledge of policies, practices, procedures, and types of equipment.
- Ensures that the biomedical equipment is in compliance with Federal, State, and/or applicable regulatory requirements; implements quality control standards, and maintains budget and vendor relationships.
- Performs biomedical equipment maintenance and repair.
- Performs maintenance cycles, to include but not limited to calibrating, repairing, inspecting and overhauling military inventory of various types of medical equipment.
- Performs technical inspections of new, used or reconditioned Army medical equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance and electrical safety testing of clinical equipment, devices and systems.
- Determines associated support items of equipment in order to perform scheduled services and maintenance repairs and calibration; supply support and provisioning requirements; and training requirements.
- Prepares necessary support documentation and purchase requisitions of parts.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned or required.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Excellent communications skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to speak, read, and understand English.
- Familiar with the biomedical maintenance field and its concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Possess the ability to acquire a CACard
- As a minimum, BMET's shall be a graduate of the Department of Defense (DoD) Medical Equipment Repairers Course.
- Certified through the International Certification Commission (CBET), or have at least earned an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Medical Equipment Technology.
- Minimum 12 years directly related experience.
- Experience leading and managing subordinate BMETs.
- A background check will be conducted.
Desired Skills / Experience:
- DoD Medical Equipment Repairers Course.
- Experience as a biomedical technician at location of position.
- Experience performing biomedical equipment maintenance and repair on varies types of military medical equipment.
- Experience performing maintenance actions on medical equipment Sets that have returned from deployments and/or have been in long-term storage facilities.
- Experience performing technical inspections of new, used or reconditioned Army medical equipment.
- Experience with medical equipment overhaul.
Other Notes / Direction:
SPECIAL PHYSICAL OR WORK CONDITIONS RELATED TO THE JOB:
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds of equipment; to push/pull equipment carts; and to kneel, stand, bend, and reach during equipment repair.
- Willingness and ability to frequently travel.
- Salary may be negotiable based on combination of skills and experience.