At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for:
Using discretion and judgment, the Business Systems Architect helps develop systems technology projects that address the business needs the front, middle and back office areas that support the investment process at MFS. They independently meet with project stakeholders and business partners at all levels of the organization to elicit and gather business requirements. They develop and maintain formal specifications that clearly outline the key requirements. The Business Systems Architect collaborates with Program or Product Owners, Individual Scrum Teams, Enterprise Architecture (EA), Enterprise Information Management (EIM), external vendors and internal IT resources to develop, test, and deploy investment technology solutions. The Business Systems Architect follows the MFS Agile based system-development life cycle while working to release projects and maintenance items for the benefit of our clients and internal business partners.
- Performs analysis of business activities to determine business requirements. Works with investment and operations users to understand and define needs above and beyond requirements provided by the business. Converts business requirements into functional specifications. Works closely with the Scrum Masters, Product Owners, business users, QA, developers, and other technology professionals to ensure that project deliverables are completed on time and within budget
- Acts as the primary liaison between business stakeholders and the technology organization to ensure proper implementation of requirements within the expected timetable. Communicates any material modifications of business requirements to business stakeholders.
- Participates in architectural discussions with development teams.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and an understanding of investment and operations systems and industry requirements.
- Collaborates with the QA team in developing high level test plans. Reviews test cases developed by the QA team. Works with automated testing team when needed for performance/load testing as well as automated regression testing.
- Works to ensure a positive end product for business stakeholders by overseeing the implementation of new software. Creates and maintains proper training materials and business documentation.
- Provides superior application and production support as needed for the investment departments and systems. Works with business partners and other IT departments to resolve questions, assess user needs, and recommend solutions.
- Represents the department at meetings where direction for general MFS initiatives is discussed and decided.
- Assists managers with strategic planning of department's initiatives and resources and with developing long-range roadmaps for system upgrades.
- Identifies organization's strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement in order to reduce risk, leverage existing technologies, reduce costs, and provide better service and overall experience to our clients.
- Actively mentors and advises less experienced Business Systems Analysts and other members of the IT organization.
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in a business or technology related field.
- Minimum of ten years' experience in the financial services industry, ideally working with or supporting middle and/or back office operations in investment data management or fund accounting environment.
- Strong technical skills including an understanding of SQL, PL/SQL with a focus on Eagle STAR, PACE and their respective data models.
- Experience with Star processing and Eagle utilities such as Message Center and Web Panel Designer is highly preferred.
- Strong technical, analytical, and business knowledge. Excellent technical understanding of underlying relevant technical architecture and investment business processes.
- Proven ability to efficiently utilize resources and communicate with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong project management skills, proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to make independent decisions.
- Excellent understanding of systems development lifecycle.
- In-depth technical and functional understanding of investment and operations applications. Ability to perform detailed analysis on these systems at all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Ability to consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions to meet business needs.
#LI-HYBRID What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
During the Covid pandemic, MFS Employees are currently working from home. When safe to do so and in accordance to local government guidelines, MFS will be a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster and supplement.