Hill International is seeking to employ an Estimator, with extensive experience estimating for vertical (buildings) construction projects, for one of its on-going programs in New York City
- The cost estimator shall assist the project team in contract negotiations
- The cost estimator shall respond to requests for explanations of their cost estimates
- The cost estimator shall review contractor request for equitable adjustment (REA's) for validity and assist in claims support
- The cost estimator shall act as a resource for the project team in need of quick unit costs for reference
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates
- Prepare estimates of all major and minor construction aspects including overall scope of work, time, and materials for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as cost estimating and budget planning, scheduling work, and organizing
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Schedule construction projects in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience
- Four-year college degree is preferred.
- Full Covid-19 vaccination is recommended. Mandatory vaccinations and proof of vaccination are subject to client requirements, federal, state or local law.
Expected Salary: $130,000.00 - $165,000.00
Hill International is an international construction consulting firm that provides program and project management, construction management, cost engineering and estimating, quality assurance, inspection, scheduling, risk management and claims avoidance to clients involved in major construction projects worldwide. Hill has participated in over 10,000 project assignments with a total construction value of more than $600 billion. Hill is a publicly traded company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HIL), and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (www.hillintl.com)
Hill International is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Note: This job description is intended to provide an indication of the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions to be carried out as part of fulfilling the role mentioned in the job title. Various other duties as required.
IER Right to Work Poster