Safeway, a division of Albertsons Companies, is an innovative industry leader in community pharmacy practice. Our professional and ever-expanding scope of patient care services are a reflection of our commitment to providing an environment for our pharmacists to thrive at the top of their profession.
Our pharmacies provide the opportunity for interns to gain pharmacy practice skills in a progressive environment that supports world-class patient care. Our success is the result of exceptional pharmacy teams who provide more personal care by impacting patients' health care.
Pharmacy students currently enrolled in a professional pharmacy program will have the opportunity to concentrate on patient counseling, customer service, over the counter medications, immunization and vaccinations, MTM, point of care testing and disease state management.
Our pharmacy interns:
- Performs all duties under the supervision of a registered pharmacist or designated pharmacist preceptor
- Takes all steps required to fill prescriptions in compliance with all laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures
- Offers advice and consultation to customers and health care professionals regarding prescription knowledge, drug therapy, and health related products and concerns
- Implements company initiatives to increase pharmacy profitability
- Actively participates in clinical services
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited school of pharmacy
- Must hold a valid state intern license if required by the state of employment
- Ability to readily and positively adapt to changes in schedule specifications, and work priorities as the business and customer needs demand
- Ability to cooperate with others and work as part of a team
We also provide a variety of benefits including:
- Competitive Wages
- Flexible work schedules
- Associate discounts
- Leaders invested in your training, career growth & development
- Health and welfare benefits for eligible employees (Medical, Dental, 401k and more!)
- Vacation / Paid Time Off
Our Cultural Principles
- Teamwork: "We always support and recognize each other"
- Learning: "We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others"
- Ownership: "We always take actions to drive our success
- Competition: "We always act with integrity to win over the customer"
- Inclusivity: "We always value everyone's perspective"
- Compassion: "We always treat each other and our customers with kindness and respect"