SIG Market Development Analyst
Remote - Chicago IL, California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, South Carolina, Virginia, Wisconsin, Washington D.C.
American Medical Association (AMA) is the nation's largest
professional Association of physicians and a non-profit organization. We
are a unifying voice and powerful ally for America's physicians, the patients
they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation.
To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and
science of medicine and the betterment of public health.
continuously work to embed equity in our internal practices and
are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff across all levels of the
organization. We intentionally work to create the right conditions
to enable our employees to feel that they can be their authentic selves and
fully participate in the life of the enterprise.
encourage and support professional development for our employees, and
we are dedicated to social responsibility. We invite you to learn
more about us and we look forward to getting to know you.
We have an opportunity for a remote SIG Market Development Analyst on our Environmental Intelligence team.
As a Market Development Analyst, you will monitor
developments and trends in health care and conduct research on areas of
emerging importance to AMA strategy and the health care environment. Responsible for developing market assessments
and provide recommendations to team leadership or to other AMA units on market
trends, competitive analysis, and strategic initiatives. Conduct due diligence
on new opportunities and support the structuring of partnership opportunities
to accelerate or enhance our ability to achieve mission objectives.
Market Trends Analysis & Topical Research
- Leverage industry news and reports, financial and investment analysis, and social listening data to identify and monitor health care innovation trends and other topics of priority to the AMA
- Support effective mechanisms for analyzing, visualizing, and disseminating relevant market intelligence to key stakeholders within the organization
- Conduct research on emerging and/or cross-cutting topics of priority for the AMA
- Engage appropriate stakeholders, develop and validate research questions, collect and synthesize relevant data, develop insights and recommendations
- Utilize data from CB Insights, S&P, Definitive Healthcare, and public sources to develop market assessments in support of decisions on new initiatives, products, or partnerships
- Present topical research and market assessments to key internal stakeholders and inform the identification and prioritization of resulting strategic opportunities
Market Engagement & Collaboration Development
- Support industry-convening efforts, including strategic meetings on forward-looking topics or current priorities
- Participate in industry events and conferences, and contribute to thought leadership products produced by the team
- Conduct due diligence on potential collaborators and develop recommendations on fit and alignment with organizational objectives
- Provide project management support for high priority collaborations
Innovation Initiative Support
- Support other key innovation and team initiatives as requested
May include other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or other relevant graduate degrees a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in market analysis; experience within the fields of market research, equity research, investment banking, or consulting in health, innovation, or related area preferred
- Health care industry or domain knowledge and interest strongly preferred and experience in a consulting environment a plus
- Strong experience in developing market intelligence strategies, research questions or hypotheses, gathering and synthesizing data, drawing meaningful insights, and providing actionable recommendations
- Previous work in analyzing market opportunities and conducting company due diligence, leveraging private equity and venture capital funding or other financial data, merger, and acquisition activity, earnings transcripts, patents, and social media data
- Solid data analysis and visualization skills, comfort with tools and databases like Excel, PowerPoint, Rstats, Power BI, Tableau, CB Insights, S&P, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to communicate with stakeholders and different levels of management
- Strong project scoping and management skills, ability to multi-task and manage details while staying centered on the "why" behind projects
- Some travel may be required
safety and policy protocols require proof of full vaccination against COVID19
for employment at AMA (including
booster when eligible).
Employees may apply for a religious or medical exemption from getting the
American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL
60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our
workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will
not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and
veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF