|Position Title:||IT Architect/Engineer I (Network Architect)|
|Full-Time Or Part-Time:||Full Time|
|Time Limited Position:|
|Number of Vacancies:|
|Hiring Range:||$90,000.00 - $100,000.00|
|Overall Position Competency:||Flat Rate|
|Description of primary duties and responsibilities:||
Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
The mission of Information Technology and Telecommunication Services is to explore, implement, maintain, and support the uses of technology to effectively and efficiently achieve the University's academic and administrative objectives as stated in University's strategic plan.
|Description of Work Continued:||
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Network Architect's role is to develop and maintain the high-level design plan for the overall logical and technical network architecture at Fayetteville State University (FSU). This individual will provide technical leadership and consulting across the University, from strategic decision making down to the project planning level. The Network Architect will gain organizational commitment for all high-level network infrastructure plans and initiate and participate in projects to evaluate technologies and methods for implementing these plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning - 30%
* Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
* Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
* Develop and deploy methodologies for testing network performance and providing network performance statistics and reports.
* Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to Network Analysts, Network Engineers, Network Administrators, and other Network Architects.
* Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of network development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and network flexibility.
* Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in network technologies, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
* Participate in the development of network strategies in collaboration with the executive team.
* Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all network procurement and development efforts.
* Ensure network services have sufficient capacity, stability, and agility to satisfy service level agreements with business units.
* Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
Acquisition & Deployment - 20%
* Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote network devices and appliances across the university's network.
* Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
* Design company LANs, WANs, VMs, virtual networks, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, switches, UPSs, and other devices.
* Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
* Recommend improvements and/or alternatives on the university's existing systems architecture and technology portfolio.
* Review new and existing network design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
Operational Management - 50%
* Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities.
* Direct and administrate a contingent of network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
* Collaborate with end users and senior management to define business requirements for complex network development and gain buy-in for all network architecture plans.
* Manage and set priorities for the architectural design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all network infrastructures, including LANs, WANs, VMs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations, and so on.
* Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
|Minimum Education And Experience Requirements:||
* Entry-level with Masters OR Bachelors and 0-2 years experience in the field of computer science or information technology; and/or equivalent work experience.
* 5 or more years of experience managing, developing and delivering strategic network architectural design and operational excellence.
* 5 or more years of experience designing enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, VMs, virtual networks, Routers, Switches, Palo Alto firewalls, etc.
|Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:|
|Special Instructions To Applicants:|
|Open Until Filled:||Yes|
|Additional Information for Applicants||
All new employees are required to have listed credentials/degrees verified prior to employment. Transcripts should be provided for all earned degrees and/or the degree which is being used to satisfy credential/qualification requirements. Transcript requests are the responsibility of the candidate.
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable).
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, political affiliation or sexual orientation. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Fayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.