Company Generac Power Systems
Name Employee Relations Manager- Operations
Req # 59680
Location Trenton CORP
Employment Type Full Time
SERIOUS POWER, COMPELLING CAREERS!
At Generac, Our People help make the world safer, brighter and more productive. United by our Values, people with diverse backgrounds and points of view work together to ensure our global customers have peace of mind.
We are a team of builders and doers who share a passion for innovation and a desire to outpace others. As an inclusive workplace, we empower our employees to embrace diversity in all forms, celebrate our differences, and treat everyone with equity and respect. At Generac, our success is powered by Our People.
It's a challenge, and an invitation. Most importantly, it's an opportunity to join an industry leader.
There's never been a better time to work at Generac. We're shaping the market and investing in new companies and new technologies. Our rapid growth equals rapid career advancement opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a fast-paced, high-performance culture.
In the role of HR Manager working at our new Pewaukee facility will be part of the Corporate Human Resource team.
The HR Manager is responsible for contributing to the company's performance by providing tactical and strategic consulting on people and organization development strategies in support of the business objectives. Perform HR related duties at the professional level while supporting assigned programs(s). Will carry out responsibilities including but not limited to the following functional areas: employment relations consultation, policy interpretation and application, talent acquisition, talent management, compensation, payroll, organizational development, communication, training, and safety for function as assigned.
* HR Business Partnership
Serves as a trusted advisor with internal stakeholders. Enhances the organization's HR team by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and HR policies, programs and practices. Partners with internal groups to manage coordination of HR programs, processes within a specific business group or core function. Live the Leadership Principles.
Partners with leadership teams and other HR (Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Benefits, Communications) business leaders to grow diverse leadership, talent and technical capability in the business. Collaborates with Talent Acquisition to drive employment-branding initiatives to establish Generac as a leader and advocate for the industry. Expands talent acquisition and talent management efforts across Generac. Responsible for managing workforce headcount in support achieves productivity and efficiencies
Implements standardized programs and policies that drive innovation and employee engagement. Ensures legal compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws and regulations; ensures compliance with company policies and procedures
* Project Management
Provide project management leadership for projects including schedules, executing plans and integrating the activities of cross-functional team members. Develop and lead risk and mitigation plans for projects. Define and lead contingency option assessments when needed, then select and execute mitigation plans. Identify, evaluate and document "lessons-learned" during the project and communicate best practices and lessons learned to project team members on future projects.
Designs and directs the work of the team. Selects, coaches and develops staff. Sets clear expectations to inspire and motivate the team. Manages performance-- recognizing achievement, providing feedback and administering progressive discipline when necessary.
* Bachelor's Degree in HR, Business or relevant equivalent experience
* 5 years progressive HR management experience
* Experience implementing new HR processes and programs
* Experience with employee relations, training, and staffing in a manufacturing environment
* Prior experience supervising and mentoring HR staff
* Prior work experience in Manufacturing industry
* HRIS experience
* Project management experience
* Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP
* Previous recruiting experience
* You have Integrity to do the right thing and walk to talk
* You're Innovative, experiment and push boundaries, you have great ideas that have break through results
* You lead with Agility and learn in the moment and set the pace for success
* You have a strong connection with People and are a talent champion
* You foster a Team Environment and take pride in our organization and understand working together achieves results
* You lead with Excellence through continuous improvement and a drive to win
Great Reasons to work for Generac:
* Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and many more
* State-of-the-art facility with an onsite gym, walking trails, cafe, free parking and many employee activities
* Scheduled events throughout the year that allow our employees, both current and retirees, to gather together and enjoy their time with their families and co-workers
* Enjoy summer hours (Memorial Day - Labor Day)
* Pride! When a storm strikes, Generac employees always rise to the occasion. Each time a storm hits many employees volunteer their time with the customer support team or on the production line while others go right into storm-affected areas to repair generators
* We believe in having fun. From minor celebrations to major events, our employees balance their work by building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration through a variety of occasions, including our Fun Days.
* Product loan and discount programs
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion, the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting; close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."