Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002.
...What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson's Portland office is looking for a Senior Project Engineer to review, provide analysis, manage, and resolve field coordination issues with project team members and participants.
What you will be doing:
Interpret project plans, specifications, and details for subcontractors and craft persons:
- Implement the pre-construction quality plan
- Obtain and maintain all necessary construction permits
- Work with Project Manager for fee payments or recurring permit expenses
- Develop and maintain: Material Tracking List, Project Test and Inspection Listing, Concrete Placement Log, Non-Conformance Report
- Manage, create, and distribute contract documents
- Establish handling procedures for electronic documents, including Request for Information (RFI) and correspondence
- Incorporate all processes and procedures that support the project closeout phase
Lead all aspects of testing and inspection processes for the construction quality management program:
- Implement three-phase inspection system
- Establish reporting formats, protocols, schedules, and any off-site testing procedures
- Notify the Project Manager and Superintendent promptly of test results or inspection items that do not conform to contract requirements
- Set up register in accordance with project specifications
- Obtain the customer/architect's approval
- Prepare project-specific transmittal forms in PCMS
- Coordinate the packaging, review, and processing of submittals
- Expedite submittals to ensure material deliveries are in sync with the project schedule
- Communicate details and requirements for the submittal process to subcontractors and suppliers,
- Issue submittal requirement letters that outline packaging and processing requirements
- Provide periodic updates of the submittal register to the customer or architect
- Coordinate details of various subcontractors, including verifying insurance, preparing paperwork, and requesting final payment from Finance
Develop and distribute RFIs and Change Orders:
- Define and implement procedures for posting revisions and updates to as-build construction documents
- Incorporate subcontractor as-built documentation in the procedures for revising or updating contract documents
All other duties as assigned, including:
- Determine alternative work methods as needed
- Coordinate safety and compliance for all team member
- Maintain schedule of timelines and follow through until completion
Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
Lead team members by example, offer effective coaching and feedback, and effectively manage performance
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent experience
- Minimum four years of construction or related experience
- Current driver's license
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Active listening skills and effective communication including an openness to diverse input and feedback
- Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity, inclusive behaviors, and Affirmative Action plans and their intended use
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Visa sponsorship is not offered for this position