Role and Responsibilities
CAE is a global leader in training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. Backed by a 70-year record of industry firsts, we continue to help define global training standards with our innovative virtual-to-live training solutions to make flying safer, maintain defence force readiness and enhance patient safety. We have the broadest global presence in the industry, with over 9,000 employees, 160 sites and training locations in over 35 countries. Each year, we train more than 220,000 civil and defence crewmembers, including more than 135,000 pilots, and thousands of healthcare professionals worldwide.
Here are fewreasons why folks love workingat CAE!
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Work in a collaborative environment
- Be part of ahigh-performanceteam
The primary role of the Visual Database Developer is to create SE content data sets for use within flight simulators and training devices that CAE Training Centres in Canada use to train pilots. They are responsible to:
- gather geospatial data, imagery data, cultural feature data, and architectural information to create SE content data sets
- use a variety of software tools (e.g. Geographic Information Systems (GIS), terrain modelling tools, 3D visualization tools, and 3D modelling tools) to develop SE content data sets from source data
- produce SE content data sets compliant to the Common Database (CDB) 3.0 and Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC 1.0) specifications
- deploy SE content data sets
- document SE content data sets
- Post-secondary diploma in Geomatics, GIS, Digital Animation, Game Development, or similar technical field.
Ideal candidates will have experience in:
- 2-4 years of related experience
- design and development of SE content for simulation using CAE Lithos and MOTIF SE database toolsets
- analysing and manipulation of GIS data sets using ArcGIS
- working with satellite imagery, digital elevation models, and vector data to create detailed, high-resolution SE data sets
- working in small teams
- writing documentation and reports
- Must be able to hold a NATO Secret Canadian security clearance and Canadian Controlled Goods (CGP) clearance
- Eligibility to work in Canada either as a Canadian Citizen, a Permanent Resident or with a valid Work Permit
- In accordance with CAE's Epidemic/Pandemic vaccination policy, as the work to be performed occurs on a customer site where vaccination is required by the Government of Canada, there is a condition of employment to be fully vaccinated.
What we have to offer
- Benefits:fully flexible for you to choose what is important
- Retirement:Defined Benefits Pension Plan
- Financial Perks:Employee Stock Purchase Plan& numerous corporate discounts
- Personal and Family Programs:Physical Wellness Plans
- Fun at work:social and community events all-year round!
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.