At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for:Under the general direction of the Director of Global QA, the Manager, Quality Assurance will architect, manage and execute manual and automated test plans for the MFS applications. In this capacity, the Manager, Quality Assurance will act as an essential link in the project development lifecycle and will work closely with the Director of QA, developers, business analysts and other QA staff to establish QA strategy for the area he or she is assigned and to ensure that business requirements are testable and verifiable as identified by project teams in order to ensure requirements traceability and delivery of expected functionality.
The Manager, Quality Assurance impacts the entire QA organization by providing test methodology training to more junior QA staff as well as other project team members. Responsible to develop quality assurance standards, leads reviews of test plans, tracks progress towards established project goal and ensures the QA function is effective throughout the SDLC. The Manager, Quality Assurance may be asked to provide day-to-day oversight and leadership to onshore and offshore staff and may have direct management responsibilities for contract and fulltime resources.
Successful candidates will demonstrate career commitment to testing and/or quality assurance and domain expertise in the area of assigned software support. The candidate should demonstrate significant knowledge of software testing approaches and best practices.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This role will lead a QA team, of over 25 people, consisting of testing engineers and leads across multiple MFS applications using the latest technology.
- Working in an agile environment, the QA manager will ensure proper functional, regression and performance testing strategies, plans and tools are used to improve product coverage, effectiveness and deliver the highest quality for assigned MFS applications.
- Understand how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and develop QA approaches that fit the overall strategy
- Recommend proper testing tools to be used and lead the technical team to apply the best methodologies and best practices to improve product test coverage, effectiveness and deliver highest quality products.
- Propose innovative solutions when challenges and limitations arises throughout automation/performance test life-cycle
- Participate in business requirements and functional specifications reviews early in the software development lifecycle process.
- Assists with the development, integration and coordination of cross-organization test projects.
- Manages scheduling to ensure efficient and effective product testing; identifies and reports risks to project schedule and product quality and proposes new methods to control and/or mitigate risks.
- Provide testing leadership for the projects in which he or she is assigned to, serve as a Lead/Manager for QA resources assigned to those projects.
- Successful candidate will have an aggregate of 10 years of experience in software testing in a process driven technology environment.
- Recent experience must include hands-on testing. Minimum BA or BS Degree; Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering strongly preferred
- Strong domain knowledge and application knowledge with financial application.
- Experience with SQL, ETL, Salesforce, and Client reporting Knowledge and experience in modern programming languages, automation test frameworks, performance testing tools and distributed computing platforms.
- Ability to lead and coordinate the workload of a team of onshore and offshore QA professionals; similar experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in knowledge of industry standard best practices as related to software testing.
- Experience in all phases of software application design, development and testing.
- Good technical experience and ability to design and architect test solutions for various ambiguous quality challenges.
- Experience with full cycle testing including functional testing, system testing, integration testing, performance, and stress testing.
- Experience with Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, Selenum, Jenkins, and Informatica a plus
#LI-HYBRID What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
During the Covid pandemic, MFS Employees are currently working from home. When safe to do so and in accordance to local government guidelines, MFS will be a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster and supplement.