**This is a hybrid position and offers the opportunity to work 50% of time remotely and 50% of time in the office.
Do you want to be an instrumental part of the future growth of Church Mutual? We have an excellent underwriting opportunity available. This role will focus strictly on underwriting Nonprofit & Human Services organizations.
It is with service to community in mind that Church Mutual expands its footprint to Nonprofit & Human Services organizations, focusing on our mission to Protect the Greater Good. From homeless shelters and food banks to thrift stores and child day cares, we honor our founders' desire to improve the lives of others by partnering with organizations founded on the principles of improving the human condition. Over the coming years, Church Mutual has the potential to achieve tremendous growth by expanding into the Nonprofit & Human Services niche.
A benefit of joining this growing team is a great deal of variety in your day-to-day work. You'll have the opportunity to learn about many different types of nonprofit & human service organizations as you underwrite them. You'll also have opportunities to work on cross-functional teams that expand your skill-set beyond underwriting.
Within established binding authority, analyze insurance submissions, recognize exposures, provide coverage alternatives, offer risk management suggestions, and adequately price insurance coverage on accounts of small to medium size and low complexity within company underwriting guidelines. Achieve corporate goals by reviewing account characteristics and taking appropriate action. Develop knowledge of insurance issues, products, trends in the market, and pricing principles. Foster positive business relationships with internal and external customers.
*Senior level Underwriter will require advanced skills, knowledge and experience
Necessary Knowledge and Abilities:
* Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred. Associate in Underwriting designation or successful completion of two Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) courses may be considered in lieu of a degree.
* Typically requires 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably with a property and casualty insurance company in underwriting.
* Sufficient knowledge of the underwriting function, insurance coverages, and principles, including reinsurance application and administration.
* Exhibits the ability to identify and analyze exposures, recognize areas of concern, and develop appropriate solutions.
* Demonstrated ability to make decisions outside parameter-based situations but within binding authority.
* Proven ability to explain decisions to others and negotiate appropriate solutions.
* Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred. Associate in Underwriting (AU) designation or successful completion of two Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) courses may be considered in lieu of a degree.
* Typically requires 10+ years of relevant experience, preferably with a property and casualty insurance company in underwriting.
* Ability and initiative to be self-directed.
* Recognize and be receptive to change opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
* Expertise of the underwriting functions, insurance coverages, and principles to handle highly complex insurance transactions, including reinsurance application and administration.
* Operate as a subject matter expert and leader for commercial underwriting.
* Demonstrated success in the ability to effectively identify and analyze exposures, recognize areas of concern, and develop appropriate solutions.
* Superior ability to make decisions outside parameter-based situations but within binding authority.
* Superior ability to explain decisions to others and negotiate appropriate solutions.
Necessary for all ranges
* Solid organizational skills.
* Work closely with management to provide leadership through knowledge, confidence, and integrity.
* Demonstrated desire and commitment to learn, accept new challenges, and strive for personal improvement/growth.
* Support others by sharing knowledge.
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships throughout the company. Work closely with management to achieve corporate objectives.
* Advanced ability to effectively communicate with others professionally, respectfully, and timely.
* Effectively use CM Group computer systems and stay current with changes.
* Ability to provide leadership in a team environment.
* Responsible, dedicated behavior to accomplish workload expectations and to assist others when necessary.
* Ability to travel as necessary and/or required.
Church Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.