CWM - Personal Financial Management - Wealth Advisor, Vice President
Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM)
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest, and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
Goldman Sachs Personal Financial Management (GS PFM) specializes in creating personalized wealth management plans for affluent individuals and families. We give clients clarity, confidence and control over their financial decisions. Our dedicated team of advisors across approximately 100 offices throughout the U.S., develops and implements personalized plans tailored to each client's values and life goals. Our advisors offer an investment platform inclusive of products and services offered by Goldman Sachs and other third parties, including private banking and lending offerings. We consider the relationships with our clients a lifelong partnership, a partnership backed by over 150 years of Goldman Sachs providing consistency, perspective and access as our clients' needs evolve.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Advise clients in the areas of investment, tax retirement, education, insurance and estate planning
- Maintain a thorough understanding and successfully lead clients through Personal Financial Management and Advice delivery process including Money Mind, Honest Conversations and the 6 Step Process
- Successfully lead clients through the Money Mind and Honest Conversations process
- Adhere to the PFM Client Meeting Processes for Advice and pricing Advice accurately
- Actively participate in case design and meeting preparation managing an assigned Relationship Manager to ensure all client deliverables are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Actively monitor financial markets, specific investments in clients' portfolios and keeps abreast of new investment strategies and investment vehicles to continue to provide the best possible level of service to all firm clients
- Take a holistic view of each client's financial needs and goals ensuring clients remain on track to achieve goals
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the client's situation resulting in the ability to review each deliverable with the client, including investment performance
- Serve as the primary liaison with clients' accountants, attorneys and other advisors and create a strong relationship as a team to ensure a comprehensive wealth management plan
- Develop and manage relationships with assigned client base ensuring all clients have a consistent and positive experience
- Responsible for new business development both internally and externally, including active retention of new clients, development of strategic alliances and opportunities within Advisor's own book of business
- Responsible for the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans and business development plans to achieve annual individual and Regional Office revenue goals
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners. Actively develop and maintain relationships with target clients, effectively utilize available universal marketing materials.
- Establish and maintain a consistent image throughout all marketing materials, communications and events in alignment with PFM standards.
- Participate on special task forces related to new corporate wide initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting and/or Economics or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree, Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or Charted Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is highly desired
- Must possess Series 7 and Series 66 or Series 65 securities licensing
- Minimum four years of working as a Relationship Manager with at least 2 years in a Senior Relationship Manager role and/or minimum two years of working as a Wealth Advisor, Financial Advisor or Financial Consultant.
- Registered as an Investment Advisory Representative (IAR)
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to work efficiently on a consistent basis
- Exemplify good corporate citizenship and demonstrate a high level of integrity and business ethic
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills and continuous progression in technical and practical knowledge
Required Knowledge of:
- Working knowledge of certain Microsoft products including Word, Excel, Windows, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proficient in Google Apps
- Prophix or other computerized accounting systems
- SalesForce or other CRM software
- Securities, Financial Planning, Investments or Insurance
- Custodian Platforms (i.e. Fidelity, Schwab, etc.)
- Broker Dealer and Investment Advisory Regulations
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more:
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.