Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type:Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week:40.00000000000000000
Security Clearance:USPS Sensitive
Level of Experience:Senior
Employee Referral Bonus Amount:ERP Amount: $3,000
HII - Technical Solutions Division (TSD)is currently seeking a SeniorBusiness Systems Analyst to work either REMOTE orout of their USPS client office inWilkes Barre, PA.
What You'll Do
- Provides minimally supervised support for difficult analysis and evaluation assignments.
- Analyzes and evaluates complex data processing systems, both current and proposed, translating business area customer information system requirements into detailed system/program requirements. Performs, and/or may direct, project planning, scope, control, management, tracking, or review.
- Performs analysis and evaluation throughout the process, application, system, or software development life cycle which includes, but is not limited to planning, requirements, design, acquisition, development, integration, and installation/deployment, performance tuning, testing, or training.
- Performs, or may direct, document development/preparation at various stages of a project life cycle (e.g., planning through implementation) to detail analysis results and solution recommendations.
- Facilitates meetings with vendors, stakeholders, and other technical staff.
- Serves as a liaison between functional and technical specialists. Assists with testing to support the project life cycle, as applicable.
- Uses methodologies, modeling/estimating techniques, tools, applications, systems, software, or databases at advanced levels to perform assigned tasks.
- Ensures compliance with, and/or may develop, the standards and organization requirements relative to specific assignments.
- Must have a flexible schedule to support the needs of the project.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Must Have
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems Analysis, Systems Engineering, or Computer Science or associated discipline preferred and a minimum of 7 years of applicable experience
- Working knowledge of one of more of the following qualifications:
- SCRUM Master
- Secure Coding practices
- Knowledge/experience of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) practices
- Solutions Development Framework (Docker, Jenkins, GitLab), Java or PLSQ Development.
- Ability to gain an understanding of complex enterprise systems
- Skilled in the review and/or creation of technical documents such as manuals, test plans, software requirements specifications, software design , interface design , etc.
- An understand in how to perform and evaluate Data Analysis of software
- Working knowledge of complex business information system development and/or information technology tools, techniques, concepts, and software applicable to the project supported (I.e. Knowledge of creating scripts to automate software tasks, knowledge of database creation methodologies, ability to create SQL database queries for enterprise systems)
- Demonstrated ability to define Information system solutions in comprehensive, quantitative , and qualitative terms to facilitate comparative analysis of alternative system solutions.
- Must be able to communicate technical information to others, expressing facts or ideas clearly, orally or in writing, when answering questions, giving directions, and providing information, individually or in groups.
- Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a USPS sensitive clearance.
Bonus Points For
Application Programming Interface (API) including: usage, styles, testing
Version One or similar work management tools
MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: .
HII's Mission Technologies division develops integrated solutions that enable today's connected, all-domain force. Capabilities include C5ISR systems and operations; the application of AI and machine learning to battlefield decisions; defensive and offensive cyberspace strategies and EW; unmanned, autonomous systems; LVC solutions; platform modernization; and critical nuclear operations. Together, HII's domain expertise and advanced technologies support mission partners anywhere around the globe. For more information, visit .
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.