Role and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on the simulators and associated simulator systems.
- Diagnose and correct complex problems on the simulators and associated simulator systems.
- Perform pre-flight and post flight tasks on all simulators.
- Perform all visual alignments.
- Run and evaluate Qualification Test Guide (QTG) results.
- Utilize maintenance management system to record and track maintenance activities.
- Train technicians in basic skills and Technical Services processes.
- Complete all designated training activities.
- Perform refurbishment and hardware modifications.
- Assist Engineering with modifications, design changes, and software enhancements.
- Comply with CAE quality management system.
- Provide customer service support and address customer needs in a timely manner.
- Perform logistics duties, including parts received, repair, and testing/validation.
- Perform housekeeping functions to maintain the simulators as required.
- Perform all administrative tasks and support Group Leader as required.
- Actively pursue knowledge and skills to enhance ability as a technical expert.
Education & Experience Requirements
- 2-year technical degree or equivalent related training
- 4 years direct simulator experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experienced in above basic troubleshooting to system level on simulators
- Above basic experience in the use and interpretation of diagnostics available on simulators
- Advanced skills in the operation of test equipment
- Advanced skills in soldering and circuit board repair
- Above basic knowledge of PCs and MS-Office tools and suite
- Highly motivated in customer support and attention to detail
- The physical or muscular exertion required for lifting or moving objects (of at least 50lbs) and the resulting fatigue brought about by these activities.
- Use of tools and operation of machines and equipment in a safe manner that does not compromise the safety of them, their colleagues or the equipment.
- Work in positions that require constant sitting, standing, stooping, climbing, or repetitive motion, as well as working in a strained position or in confined spaces. Ability to safely move and work on equipment in confined spaces for reasonable periods of time.
- The physical dexterity required in performing tasks that require hand/eye coordination and fine motor skills.
- The primary work location for this position is at the Dallas Training Facility in Dallas, Texas
- Minimal travel may be required (less than 10%).
CAE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
CAE is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
As a Federal Contractor, CAE is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click hereEEO is the Law poster.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.