PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for providing electrical technical support throughout the entire construction project.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL TEAM MEMBERS
At Mortenson, we believe everyone is a leader. For that reason, every team member is expected to apply our leadership principles - Do the Right Thing, We Before Me and Inspire What's Possible - in their work. This means we act with dependability, initiative and a positive attitude to produce high quality work and deliver an exceptional customer experience. We are on time, productive and consistent in our attendance. We approach work as part of a team, listen to the opinions of others and cooperate to achieve project goals. We accept direction from supervisors and seek out constructive feedback. We follow rules and procedures to ensure quality work and safeguard the wellbeing of ourselves and others. We push to exceed the established goals, standards and accountabilities of our positions to increase quality, safety and innovation.
All team members are responsible for supporting a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment, as well as positively contributing to our company culture. This begins by aligning with Mortenson's values and ethical standards as stated in the Mortenson Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, in addition to abiding by the procedures and practices outlined in the Mortenson Operations Manual.
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Manager II with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive, and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The Electrical Manager will provide electrical technical support throughout the entire construction project.
What Will You Be Doing?
Provide technical electrical support to our crews and subcontractors. Supervision of self-perform crews is necessary.
- Identify qualified electrical contractors and engineers and maintain list of areas of their expertise and geographical limits
- Review design documents to ensure conformance with contract expectations, noting and resolving issues or conflicts that could impact installation or other trades involved with project
- Review system studies performed by engineer of record, ensuring conformance with contract documents
- Identify and ensure implementation of best practices and low-cost alternatives, ensuring all clients are kept informed of issues affecting their project(s)
- Develop standard bid package bid form for collection system, substations, and interconnect
- Interface with other departments to ensure all required materials, equipment, and inspections support the project schedule
- Work with Project Manager(s) to budget, forecast, and manage craft labor, equipment, materials, small tools, consumables, and general working environment
- Review construction documents for completeness and constructability
- Support the creation, review and update project schedule and 3-week look ahead scheduling
- Coordinate plans and specifications with engineers, identifying and clarifying any discrepancies
- Develop and implement site utilization plan and establish crew sizes
- Select form-work systems and equipment
- Conduct effective pre-construction planning sessions and project site meetings
Provide on-site support to electrical team
- Manage electrical engineers
- Provide electrical design and installation support to on-site staff
- Coach, mentor and train field personnel, forepersons, and assistant superintendents
- Establish and nurture teamwork environment
- Ensure crews have resources and support
- Provide work direction and performance evaluations
- Identify hiring needs and participate in hiring, discipline, and dismissal decisions if needed
- Develop leadership potential through appropriate task assignments and career growth opportunities
- Implement Mortenson's Zero Injury Safety Program at project site
- Manage open shop and union issues
How Will You Succeed?
- Minimum eight years electrical construction/project management
- Minimum of eight years of electrical design experience
- Minimum of two years' experience with project completion from mobilization to turnover
- Solar experience preferred
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Knowledge of NEC code and NE safety code
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office, Project, and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Ability to travel 100% with rotations home every three weeks
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.