Role and Responsibilities
CAE Flight Operations Solutions is an industry-leading digital platform trusted by the world's top airlines and business aviation companies to optimize their operations. Every year, more than 50 million flights and over 200,000 crew members are supported by CAE's flight operations software backed by a global team and unparalleled expertise.
Spanning crew, flight, movement, airport, on-board catering, and cost management, CAE's customizable end-to-end solution improves decision making by harnessing the power of integrated data and advanced technologies to improve operational performance, profitability, employee satisfaction and passenger experience.
The role we are offering you:
We are looking for a strategically thinking and innovative Principal Product Manager for our mission-critical Flight Operations solutions platform. In this position, you will have touchpoints with all integrated systems across the platform and will be responsible for defining and building out new capabilities and features that further enable the platform. Are you ready to:
- Analyze the market and actively seek our customers' input to understand the challenges they are facing in their operation.
- In alignment with strategic initiatives and the vision of the platform, generate feature ideas and work with our SCRUM teams to design functionalities which help solve those market problems and add value for our customers.
- Collaboratively work with other groups such as marketing, sales, technology/development, finance, quality assurance and delivery to make your products a success.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Minimum 5 years Airline Flight Operations or Flight Operations IT expertise with an understanding of regulatory frameworks, network management authorities, and civil aviation authorities worldwide
- Comfortable collaborating with multiple cultures across numerous time zones Superior strategic mindset, grasp of the macro view and how to apply it in the day-to-day
- Strong innovative capacity and thought leadership
- Structured and critical thinking skills, ability to distill ambiguous and complex information into meaningful insights and sometimes contradictory requirements into feasible feature designs
- Proactive and outgoing attitude Excellent team player with the ability to lead via influence, credibility through commitment to excellence, integrity, and transparency
- Full professional fluency in English language Ability and willingness to travel
Nice to Have Skills:
- 10 years of Airline Flight Operations or flight planning expertise
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, IT, Aeronautical Science, and/or Master of Business Administration Degree
- Previous experience designing, creating, and/or implementing integration of data between multiple products
- Previous experience managing the budget for a product or business unit Hands-on experience with cross-functional, agile teams
- Product Management experience Project Management experience
- Pilot and/or Dispatch license
- an environment where your initiatives will be recognized and valued.
- the opportunity to travel internationally.
- the opportunity to work on a variety of projects on a multidisciplinary team.
- the opportunity to represent the organization at external conventions and conferences.
- the possibility to work from home occasionally.
- flexible schedules.
- attractive employee benefits.
Come share your passion with us!
With over 13,000 employees in more than 40 countries, CAE is a global leader in training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. To learn more: www.cae.com.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.