At Weston Solutions, Inc. you will do meaningful work and make valuable contributions.
Westonhas an immediate need for a leader in the field of remediation hydrogeology with a focus on emergent and recalcitrant compounds with a particular focus on PFAS. The successful candidatewill applya strong educational background and expert-level technical skills to develop cost-effective solutions for assessment and in situ remediation technologies. The successful candidate must have experience in groundwater investigations using innovative practices to collect and analyze hydraulic, stratigraphic, and chemical data to develop site-specific conceptual models including, but not limited to, high-resolution site characterization (HRSC) techniques. The position requires strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills. We are looking for an enthusiastic and personable individual with an eye for detail, a willingness to learn, and a desireto work collaboratively witha growingmulti-disciplinaryand high performing team.
As a leader within Weston, you will share your technical knowledge and view on PFAS, 1,4-dioxane, and/or other applicable subjects to our Emerging Contaminants and Remediation Communities of Practice. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated work history of environmental investigation and remediation projects and experience working on PFAS related projects as well as other emergent and non-emergent contaminants. This position requires excellent written and verbal communication, polished client presentation skills, organization of complex information, and team and time management. The successful individual will be one who thrives in a team-oriented environment. Flexibility to work on a multitude of diverse projects, a positive attitude, willingness to mentor junior staff, and commitment to workplace health and safety are imperative. Limited field work may be required including oversight of subcontractors. Anticipated division of job-related tasks is about an 85/15 percent split between office and field work.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in geologyor hydrogeology.Master's degree preferred.
- 10to20yearsof experience in the field of remedial consulting.
- Proven experience with investigation of novel contaminantsrequired including, but not limited to, PFAS and 1,4-dioxaneas well as non-emergent contaminants like chlorinated solvents, PCBs, gasoline contaminants, and/or metals.
- Proven experiencedeveloping and refining conceptual site models anddevelopingcontaminant (PFAS) fate and transport models.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, overseeing, and managing site investigationsutilizing HRSC techniquesto assess geological, hydrogeological, and contaminant characteristicswith a specific focus on optimizing insitu treatment and injection technologies.
- Proven knowledge of and experience with PFAS soil and groundwater remediation technologiesincludingsite closure strategies, source control, management of migration, mitigating risk pathways, collaborating with public stakeholders, government, and private clients.
- Experience communicating remedial solutions to clients, regulators, technical team, and public.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State regulatory processes and reporting (CERCLA, RCRA, CWA, state specific cleanup programs).
- Able to analyze, interpret,and present data,and meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Assists the Project Manager in estimating and tracking project scope, cost, schedule, quality, and safety.
- Assigns tasks to and mentors junior staff including engineers, scientists, geologists, and technicians.
- Able to work effectively in group settings with diverse team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to complete field work independently without supervision.
- Demonstrated understanding and awareness of health and safety practices.
- Ability to complete and maintain OHSA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification and 8-hour annual refresher training.
- Valid driver's license.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software suite, personal computers, and mobile phone communications applications.
Desired, but not mandatory, qualifications include:
- Professional/Registered Geologist licenseor ability to obtain within 1 year.
- If candidate resides in MA, LSP is preferred.
- If candidate resides in NH, DE, NY or TX, PG is preferred.
- If candidate resides in CT, LEP is preferred.
- If candidate resides in CA, RG is preferred.
- Experience with federal government clientsincluding but not limited to the Air Force, Navy, USACE etc.
- Knowledge and experience in in situ soil and groundwater remediation technologiesincludingaddressingLNAPL and DNAPL source zones.
- Plan, schedule,and perform quality control (QC) checks and reviews.
- OSHA 30-hour construction safety certification.
- Ability to develop and maintain site health and safety plans and JHAs.
- Active member of professional organizations suited to specific practice area.
These job requirements are not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned. Weston reserves the right to modify the job description as needed.