The Floral Designer is first and foremost responsible for customer relations and satisfaction. They provide world-class customer care, use equipment safely and ensure that the company and departmental policies are adhered to, as well as meet any state/federal law and labor union compliance. Responsible for creating an environment of food exploration, innovation and dedication for customers and employees. Additionally they communicate with vendors and various community agencies/organizations to ensure an active and involved business relationship with the communities we serve.
- Create a culture of food exploration, innovation and education for customers and employees.
- Communicates with customers in a courteous manner; receives and records special customer orders via the telephone or in the store utilizing suggestive sales techniques.
- Assists and participates in Floral Department activities, including receiving, designing, preparing, pricing, displaying, maintaining and ordering product in order to maximize sales, earnings and customer satisfaction in the Floral Department and the store.
- Updates department decor for seasonal merchandising.
- Ensures pricing integrity and signing standards within the Floral Department.
- May order balloons, helium and floral department plants, flowers, accessories and supplies.
- Performs receiving duties including breaking down loads, verifying orders against invoices, reporting shortages and claims, stocking and rotating product.
- Prevents shrink.
- Adheres to product temperature and storage guidelines and follows proper packaging techniques.
- Properly conditions and handles all indoor and outdoor plants, shrubs and flowers.
- Follows proper processing procedures for all cut flowers.
- Performs periodic inventories.
- Single store responsibility
- Varying types of areas urban vs rural within one Division
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- 2 - 3 years floral experience.
Skills and Experiences:
- Requires strong communication skills, good leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with others and maintain composure in dealing with customers and employees.
- Requires a good understanding of merchandising procedures, overall company practices and floral department policies and procedures gained through previous experience in the Floral Department.
- Requires the ability to judge and react to business activity.
- Mental alertness is required to ensure accurate completion of work activities.
- Requires knowledge of basic math, creative ability, and the ability to differentiate and coordinate colors and flowers.
- Requires a basic understanding of botany, knowledge of perishability and seasonality of products, proper product conditioning and handling, and safety and sanitation procedures.
- Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary.
- Must be able to use and operate related equipment and work aides such as telephones, knives, scissors, box cutters, stem cutters, wire, staplers, pricing guns, hot glue guns, spray paints, balloon heat sealing machines, helium tanks, hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Must be available to work flexible or unusual hours as needed, including early mornings or overnight shifts.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to equipment and work aides necessary to perform job duties.
- Must be able to perform physical activity: Lifting, standing/walking, bending, twisting, reaching, pushing/pulling, sitting.
- Occasional exposure to approximately 40 degrees Fahrenheit while handling products and/or working in cooler.
- Hands are frequently exposed to cold water, rose thorns and a wide variety of plants, flowers, soil mixtures and flower arranging material.
- Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions during times when plants, shrubs and trees are displayed outdoors.
- Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs.
- General work schedule will be rotating days off based on needs of the business
Albertsons Companies is at the f