Business Unit:Cubic Mission and Performance SolutionsCompany Details:Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.Job Details:
Technical leadership role that provides a confluence of Technical Strategy, Business Development Solutioning, Functional Management, Technical Operations, Technical Program/Project Management and Technical Development Leadership. Directs and provides leadership to respective technology departments across engineering, design, science and technical leadership disciplines. Provides guidance and direction through close coordination and oversight of first and second line managers. Establishes objectives and long-range goals of the respective technology department that are consistent and in-line with that of the business to ensure on-time delivery and growth. Ensures technology department is appropriately staffed, correctly trained, embodies the appropriate talents and skillsets, has a sound succession plan that does not have single points of failure, and supports employee career planning. Provides technical consultation and council to the CTO. Supports the establishment of best practices and continuous improvement throughout all technologist; especially within respective department. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading functional departments to ensure the technical efforts meet program and product needs. Functional departments include but are not limited to: hardware engineering, software engineering, learning science/instructional design, game development, art production, courseware development, subject matter experts, systems engineering, technical production and quality engineering.
- Motivates, mentors, and develops individuals in respective technology departments.
- The position is ultimately responsible to the business area VP for gateway review execution on all business area pursuits/programs/ independent research and development (IRAD)/ contract research and development (CRAD), technical approvals, and accurate cost account bidding and management of the technical staff.
- Responsible for process conformity and refinement across all function groups including development methodologies, metrics, tools, and review processes.
- Ensures technical team is effectively supporting Program Managers and Capture Managers both in pursuits, execution and reporting in areas such as risk management, scheduling and earned value management.
- Responsible for technical vision, roadmap and system architecture across the business area maximizing re-use when possible. Supports technical process improvements across the entire enterprise.
- Ensures the technical activities in the business area are managed in accordance with the contract, Cubic Corporation, and Cubic Global Defense business area standard practices, policies, and procedures.
- Works cooperatively with the CTO, business area VP, product management, program management, and business development to develop and implement the business area strategic plan. Leads the technical effort to identify technology and independent research and development (IRAD) needs. Also identifies and pursues contract research and development (CRAD) opportunities.
- Ensures all customer interactions are supported with the proper technical personnel, products and technologies
- Reviews all business area technical plans and approaches, top level designs, verification plans, manufacturing hand-off aspects, and technical execution to ensure a sound technical approach and that development programs will execute on time and within budget per the cost account bids.
- Provides the overall technical leadership within the business area and works to proactively identify and mitigate risks within the business area. Has overall responsibility for technical performance within the business area.
- Chairs technical review boards and failure review boards on all significant issues within the business area.
- Drive technical reporting organization to ensure business area goals are achieved
- Effective Management of departmental budgets including overhead costs
- Overall technical responsibility for business area and technical interface with customers.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in engineering or related technical discipline preferred, plus twelve years of related technical or engineering experience including five years of project engineering/management, program management, or other supervisory responsibility. Must have a broad background in engineering development activities. Advanced technical and analytical skills necessary to organize, plan and execute multiple programs. A proven ability to lead cross-functional program teams. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, make presentations and be highly proficient with modern computer software tools, and conduct negotiations with customers, subcontractors and vendors. Must be able to demonstrate the mental agility to effectively work with a variety of associate and customer personalities and situations. Must have ability to work under project deadlines and associated cost and schedule constraints with a professional attitude and control of emotions. Must be able to travel frequently, at least 25%. Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.Worker Type:Employee
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law