Simply Put, A Great Place to Work
Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering, and professional services firm. Roads, bridges, schools, parks, and airports are just a few examples of where you can find our work. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country - creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you'll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share. Opportunity abounds here for those that seek it.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today. You'll like it here. It's a great place to work.
Resident Project Assistant - Detroit, Michigan
Benesch seeks a highly motivated Construction Technician Assistant to provide office technical support, contract administration, and document control for the Construction Services Group and its field personnel. The successful candidate will be a central point of contact for field and office personnel. They will maintain all aspects of project documentation and will assist in coordinating meetings, special functions, training, and communications, and represent the firm by attending industry events. The candidate will also maintain relationships with clients, government agencies, professional and technical societies, and various business organizations. This position offers the availability to work in either of our Brighton, Marquette, East Lansing, Detroit, and/or Grand Rapids, Michigan offices
The Impact You Will Have:
What You Will Need:
- Set up, maintain, and closeout of contract files and documents in accordance with MDOT guidelines and procedure
- Office Technical Team member for various offices
- Organize and maintain project hard and electronic files
- Assist and or lead task efforts in preparing contract Work Orders and Contract Modifications
- Maintain a project portfolio of photos for legal and marketing purposes
- Assist in coordinating related office technical training
- Coordinate IT equipment and software upgrades for Construction Services Group personnel
- Maintain contact info for clients, contractors, suppliers, and Group personnel
- Coordinate and participate in public meetings, project progress meetings
- Participate in marketing tasks; writing, proofreading, resumes, project profiles
- Develop and review various project QA plans
- Any other miscellaneous support tasks requested by the Group Manager/Resident Project Manager/Construction Engineer
- Ability to travel among Benesch Michigan offices to support project administration
- Ability to maintain construction-related certifications for office technical duties
- Ability to work in the field supporting inspection and testing services on new and rehabilitation road projects
- Prepare Inspector's Daily Reports and other project documentation as required
- Participate in industry workshops, Office Technical User Groups, training, and seminars related to the role.
- Quality Review and sign off on Inspector Daily Reports, calculations, and supporting testing documentation
- Utilize FieldManager, ProjectWise, LCP Tracker, and other software to prepare, process, and file construction reports, pay estimates, contract modifications, shop drawings and all other required documentation such as material certifications.
- Track and approve materials.
- Obtain signatures on required documents including Contract Modifications, Pay Estimates, Work Orders, and others required using ProjectWise.
- Process and distribute contractor submitted documents that need review such as shop drawings, RFIs, Material Source Lists, subcontracts, etc.
- Perform project file reviews in accordance with MDOT and FHWA requirements.
- Including interim and final project reviews with appropriate MDOT staff.
- Provide field and managing staff with the latest information including shop drawings, materials, and Field Manager files.
- AAS in Technology or B.S. in Construction Management or related degree curriculum in technical and/or business finance/accounting area of concentration
- Extensive Knowledge of MDOT manuals, procedures, forms, wage compliance, PWISE and specifications
- Must have MDOT Certified Office Technician certification and MDOT Field Manager Certification. Ability to obtain PWISE, LCP Tracker and MDOT Prevailing wage training (within 3 months).
- Computer proficiency knowledge using Microsoft word software suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Demonstrate a high degree of organizational skills, computer skills, interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task and work independently
- Michigan DOT, Local Agency (City/County/Municipal) construction experience with federal aid funding is desirable or the candidate demonstrates skills that will acquire knowledge of MDOT manuals, procedures, forms, and specifications with on-the-job training.