Position: Construction Services Project Engineer
Requisition Number: 2022-2320-15
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services engineering firm offering geotechnical, civil, survey, planning, land development, environmental, and construction testing that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities.
We are excited to have opened our newest and most westward office across our footprint earlier this year in Memphis, Tennessee. Working in our Memphis location is an excellent opportunity to be a part of our regional growth and working on one of our largest projects to date. Come grow your career at S&ME! We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a full-time Construction Services Project Engineer to be based in our growing Memphis, Tennessee location.
Who are you?
- You are looking for that next great career opportunity with an employee-owned firm.
- You are a collaborator. You are invested in helping your location, area, and company succeed and will partner with the Construction Services leadership team and collaborate with other location business units.
- You are seeking a position that leverages your ability to build and maintain client relationships, while still utilizing your strong technical background and project management skills.
- You have a positive attitude and are optimistic about situations, interactions, and oneself.
- You value commitment and display an unwavering pledge to the success of reaching identified goals and objectives.
- You are empathetic and take an interest in and identify another person's emotions, welfare, and perspective.
What is the job?
- Field sampling and observations - Plan and conduct investigations requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of S&ME standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Has responsibility for the technical quality of drilling, sampling, field observations, data collection and data or preservation for a project of small to medium size. May coordinate the activities of one or more P1 or P2 level staff during field investigations. Independently check classifications or field descriptions to confirm accuracy.
- Project management - Expected to lead projects with minimal guidance from senior staff. Manage small to medium projects from start to finish. Consult with management and/or senior professional staff on broad technical or policy issues regarding their projects.
- Engineering or technical computations - Perform a lead technical role in a specialized aspect of a large project or may be the sole researcher on small to medium size projects. Perform and/or review calculations before incorporation into reports. May review laboratory data for completeness and accuracy and derive conclusions. Work may include preparation of data files for engineering software, evaluation of results and interpretation of data trends, evaluation or validation of significance or sensitivity of output, and formulation of recommendations based on the calculations. May also be called on to independently verify calculations or analyses performed by other staff or critically review work of other consultants.
- Field support - May serve as lead inspector or special inspector on construction projects, supervising work of subordinate inspectors or technicians, having responsible charge of their work.
- Report preparation - Responsible for all coordination and preparation of report submittals, following good technical practice and in conformance with company policy. Subject to technical and editorial review by senior reviewer and such other review as required under the project plan.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Geological or Geotechnical Engineering
- Four (4) years related experience
- Licensed PE in Tennessee or have the ability to obtain Tennessee licensure within six (6) months.
- Masters degree in civil engineering
S&ME offers excellent benefits including, but not limited to:
- Competitive Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Health Savings Account with company contributions
- Flex Spending Account
- Employee Stock Options
- 401(K) with matching
- Certification Reimbursement
- PTO/Holidays with carryover ability
- Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
- Company Vehicle with Gas Card
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
EOE including disability/vets
VEVRAA Federal Contractor