Simply Put, A Great Place to Work
Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering and professional services firm. Roads, bridges, schools, parks and airports are just a few examples of where you can find our work. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country - creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you'll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share. Opportunity abounds here for those that seek it.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today. You'll like it here, it's a great place to work.
Our Glastonbury office is highly profitable and growing. Our land development team provides Land Development and Civil Engineering services for both Public and Private Facilities.
Site Development Project Manager - Glastonbury, CT
This is an experienced position involving exciting, challenging and complex assignments with outstanding growth opportunities. The ideal Candidate must be a Seller/Doer with good industry connections and relationships. Strong Management, interpersonal and design skills are required. The position requires a Connecticut LA or PE license. The Project Manager will communicate design concepts from the Client to the staff of Designers and Engineers and ensure that the design is carried out. The PM may be required to produce some of their own work and may be required to provide design or management guidance on other's projects. The PM will see the project through from Scoping to final implementation and assist the construction administration team as required in construction administration for their own and potentially other's projects.
What You Will Do:
What You Will Need:
- Business Development and Marketing, including networking, preparation of SOQs, proposals and contracts
- Manage Design Consultants
- Direct the production of high-quality communications materials, ensuring the Client's needs are being met and properly communicated
- Develop Concepts or schematic designs, including layout, grading, hydrology, and utilities.
- Research local/ State regulations as they pertain to site planning.
- Research non-routine code issues and obtain interpretations from code officials.
- Incorporate design concepts from schematic design into design development and work with the project team to produce construction documents.
- Assist in preparing engineering drawings. Applicant should have a good understanding of all aspects of site design, be able to produce and direct the production of final documents.
- Edit specification sections, prepare Project Manuals and Bidding Documents.
- As part of the role in construction administration, applicant may conduct construction meetings and produce site observation reports when required. Applicant must also be knowledgeable of all Construction Administration procedures and processes.
- Prepare addendum and change orders.
- Initiate additional service requests and submit to client.
- Prepare opinion of probable cost for site development and review contractor cost estimates.
- Review drawings and documents to assure compliance with Benesch design and production standards.
- Coordinate staff activities to assure achieving goals of project budget, schedule and quality.
- B.S. Degree in Landscape Architecture or Civil Engineering required
- Minimum 15 years previous experience.
- Must be a Registered Landscape Architect or Professional Engineer.
- Excellent Communicator with strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be proficient in the use of current versions of AutoCAD / Civil 3-D, Sketch-Up.
- Understanding and knowledge of applicable codes.
- Current on the "State of the Art" in their design specialty through continuing education.
- Strong 2D and 3D design and graphics skills
- Experienced in Project Management, including design cost control, project budget control and quality assurance/quality control.
- Able to successfully manage staff both individually and as teams
- Familiar with Design subcontract management