C3.ai, Inc. (NYSE:AI) is a leading provider of Enterprise AI software for accelerating digital transformation. The proven C3 AI Suite provides comprehensive services to build enterprise-scale AI applications more efficiently and cost-effectively than alternative approaches. The core of the C3 AI offering is an open, data-driven AI architecture that dramatically simplifies data science and application development. Learn more at:
C3 AI is seeking an Engagement Director to lead all aspects of the post sales C3 AI engagement model including application implementation, platform software development and customer success.
The Engagement Director will be the primary point of contact for one or more of C3's most strategic customers, leading joint C3/Customer cross-functional teams through the planning, design, implementation and post-go live stages.
The successful candidate is a skilled customer executive with deep experience in building and deploying enterprise software. They will be able to effectively define use cases and translate them into technical requirements, understand how to define and track value metrics, and successfully engage customers across both technical teams and executive stakeholders.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements
Qualified candidates have a minimum 12-15 years of professional experience preferably in enterprise software and professional services; technical skills in application development, predictive analytics and/or middleware development are highly valued.
The successful candidate will oversee all post sales Customer activities across the entire program of C3 AI initiatives including the following activities:
- Partner with the C3 AI Product & Sales team to craft compelling use cases and translate them into requirements and specifications
- Run project governance activities (project plans, weekly status reviews, cross-functional meetings, executive status reviews)
- Collaborate with Customer teams to define scope, requirements, implementation timeline, and success metrics for individual use cases
- Manage all implementation activities and supervise the dedicated C3 AI team members from Application Development, Data Integration, Data Science, Products, QA, and DevOps
- Grow the C3 AI footprint at the customer through identification of incremental use cases and additional staffing assistance.
- Dive into technical details and perform associated tasks to ensure successful delivery to our customers (e.g., application and data integration testing, deliver trainings, issue debugging and resolution)
- Track, anticipate and address risks before they become issues. Manage/resolve issues when they do arise
- Develop polished deliverables and other documentation to enable customer success
- Effectively and proactively communicate with customers and build a trusted advisor relationship
- Recruit and attract top talent to grow the C3 services team.
The following capabilities and experience are required:
- Minimum of 10 years' engagement management experience with enterprise SaaS solutions
- Experience in any of the following industry domains is preferred: manufacturing, supply chain optimization, telecom, life science, financial services
- Successfully communicate and work with senior executive stakeholders
- Effectively work across customer and internal teams to problem solve, define scope, write technical requirements, develop and track success metrics, and deliver against a plan
- Demonstrated ability to navigate between the business and technical domains of a software implementation project, providing leadership in both
- Excellent presentation, written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; degree in Engineering/Computer Science or Business Administration is a plus
C3 AI provides a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
C3 AI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.
C3 IoT is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.