This position will be based out of Anchorage, AK office and will primarily be a 'Field Assignment Position' within the state of Alaska and will report to the corresponding Construction Manager or site-specific designee. Directly supervises and coordinates activities of construction and/or extraction workers.
Ahtna complies with all federal regulations, to include mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for all employees working directly or indirectly on a government contract. If applicable, employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the position's start date. An individual is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their final dose.
Auto req ID
Ahtna Global, LLC
Job Location (State)
External & Internal
Open Continuous (Pool)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Assist and coordinate with Team to manage field personnel to complete tasks on time and within budget.
* Supervise carpenters, equipment operators and other craft laborers on construction and environmental job sites.
* Examine and inspect work progress and equipment on construction and environmental project sites to verify safety and to ensure that specifications are met.
* Read specifications such as blueprints to determine construction requirements and to plan procedures.
* Estimate materials and worker requirements to complete jobs.
* Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers.
* Confer with managerial and technical personnel, other departments, and contractors in order to resolve problems and to coordinate activities.
* Coordinate work activities with other construction and environmental project activities.
* Order or requisition materials and supplies as needed.
* Locate, measure, and mark site locations and placement of structures and equipment using measuring and marking equipment.
* Record information such as personnel, production, and operational data on specified forms and reports; communicate with Project Manager.
* Assign work to employees based on material and worker requirements of specific jobs.
* Provide assistance to workers engaged in construction or extraction activities using hand tools and equipment.
* Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, and company policies.
* Analyze worker and production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans.
* Arrange for repairs of equipment and machinery.
* Schedule and supervise subcontractor.
* High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) equivalent.
* 15 years of experience supervising and directing construction crews.
* Journeyman-level carpenter/operator or related construction field
* OSHA 30 hr. certification
* USACE/QCM Certification highly desirable
* Remote project experience
* Proficient in Logistics
* Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given to qualified Ahtna Native Corporation Shareholders, Descendants, and Spouses in all phases of employment.
Physical Demands (Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.)
* Frequent lifting, sitting, standing, stooping for prolonged periods of time, using hands/fingers requiring dexterity, should have good hand-eye coordination and motion control in coordination with handling tools, equipment, and other related components.
* Reaching with hands and arms for items above and below sight level, talking, hearing, and seeing (up close, at a distance, along the periphery, with depth, color perception, and the ability to adjust focus); walking from place to place within the project location with occasional use of stairs and no elevator available; bending, pushing, pulling, and standing for up to 12 hours.
* Frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds such as small electrical components, equipment and other materials [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
May be indoors or outdoors, subject to confined spaces, changes in temperature, weather conditions, and noise levels.