Geosyntec is a dynamic and entrepreneurial firm that prides itself in hiring the most highly qualified professionals who have a diverse skillset, an advanced innovative mindset, and can effectively develop forward-thinking ideas. The Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) and Sustainability Team in the Denver Metro area is growing and we're looking for an EHS and Sustainability Practitioner. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience providing EHS and Sustainability consulting services. This position will collaborate heavily with our similar teams across the firm serving clients in the energy, mining, manufacturing and municipal sectors.
Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service, our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec's culture. We operate under a sell-manage-do culture, and so we expect that you'd work on challenging technical projects while leveraging your existing knowledge and experience to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities through business development and client management. You may also be asked to take on project management responsibilities, along with staff management and mentoring tasks. Some of the technical responsibilities for this position include:
- Performing regulatory analysis related to:
- air quality, greenhouse gas (GHG) and other environmental matters as driven by the Clean Air Act as well as state and local regulations and evolving GHG regulations, permitting (e.g., NEPA) and reporting programs;
- water quality, wastewater and stormwater discharges, and other environmental matters as driven by the Clean Water Act as well as state and local regulations, permitting (e.g., NPDES) and reporting programs;
- solid wastes, including hazardous wastes, as driven by the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act as well as state and local regulations, permitting and reporting programs;
- hazardous materials as driven by the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act as well as state and local regulations, permitting and reporting programs; and
- Occupational Safety and Health Act, and Mine Safety and Health Act.
- Quantifying emission and discharge rates via estimates and measurement and preparing inventories with interface or use in data management programs;
- Performing on-site multi-media environmental compliance audits and monitoring follow-up corrective actions;
- Designing, implementing, and auditing management systems;
- Overseeing or conducting pollution control device selection and evaluations, source and ambient environmental monitoring and measurements;
- Working with multiple stakeholders, including industrial and municipal clients, research organizations, regulatory agencies, trade associations and public and private collaboratives;
- Providing strategic advice and support to clients implementing programs and projects aimed at achieving EHS and Sustainability goals;
- Developing and implementing Sustainability and Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) strategies, processes, metrics and disclosures to propel business success consistent with stakeholder expectations and global best practices in accountability and transparency;
- Managing projects to meet or exceed client and firm expectations;
- Working directly with clients and develop additional business opportunities by delivering outstanding results, forming valued relationships, and solving some of their more challenging issues;
- Understanding client needs and developing work scopes with input from Geosyntec client managers and teams to propose approaches, solutions, and resources; and working on teams to prepare competitive proposals highlighting Geosyntec capabilities and experience;
- Task and project management, including planning and implementing investigation and remediation projects, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability;
- Management and mentoring of junior staff and managing subcontractors;
- Work plan development, data evaluation, and report writing;
- Preparing technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals;
- Reviewing and managing written document production;
- Preparing for and participating in meetings with clients, regulatory personnel, and other parties; and
- Assisting in the development of proposals and other business development activities.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position may require OSHA and/or MSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Typically, approximately 20%
- Overnight travel: Typically, approximately 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual's own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a natural science or environmental engineering or a similar engineering discipline. (required)
- Advanced degree in science or engineering. (preferred)
- Professional registration (i.e., P.E.). (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years (7+ years preferred) of EHS and Sustainability program and project management experience, preferably in a leadership role in a consulting firm; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Knowledge and experience with environmental regulations. (required)
- Demonstrated local/regional visibility through involvement in professional associations or trade organizations. (preferred)
- Experience working with or managing multi-disciplinary project teams. (required)
- Demonstrated success in the development and management of clients. (preferred)
- Proven leadership skills. (required)
- Exceptional oral and written-communication skills, as demonstrated by a record of conference presentations and peer-reviewed publications. (preferred)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Current MSHA and OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver's license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits
Below is the range that we in good faith believe is the potential compensation for this role at the time of this posting and is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. The typical base salary range for this position is just one component of Geosyntec's total compensation package for employees. Actual compensation will be determined based on education, experience, skill set and location.
- Minimum Salary: $68,875
- Maximum Salary: $112,840
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including, paid holidays, vacation, sick, and personal paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), and other benefits to eligible employees.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.