At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for:
Under the general guidance of the Senior IT Audit Manager and in coordination with other Internal Audit professionals, the Senior IT Auditor II & Data Analytics Specialist focuses on technically challenging and high risk audits. The Senior IT Auditor II & Data Analytics Specialist performs data analysis and test work providing support to IT and operational auditors in the performance of IT and operational audit engagements. The Senior IT Auditor II & Data Analytics Specialist also fulfills the Senior IT Auditor II duties in relation to IT and integrated audit engagements.
Under the general guidance of the Senior IT Audit Manager and in coordination with other Internal Audit professionals:
- Responsible for development, implementation, ongoing maintenance and consistent quality adherence to standards for data analytics audit work using ACL data analytics tool and/or other data analytics tools (e.g. MicroStrategy, Tableau and MS-Access).
- Responsible for data analytics test work performed during IT, operational, and integrated audits included on the annual audit plan. This includes coordinating with the various audit teams.
- Responsible for review of functional and technical specifications in coordination with IT department to facilitate data analytics testing on audit engagements.
- Responsible for coordinating with IT department on data requests (associated with specifications determined to be applicable for an audit), associated documentation requirements, and transparent communication of audit objectives to auditees.
- Responsible for training certain members of Internal Audit on data analytics tools and the use of data analytics practices to facilitate knowledge transfer in order to increase data analytics testing on internal audits throughout the department.
- Responsible for enhancements and maintenance of Internal Audit Standards related to data analytics techniques.
- Performs technically challenging and high risk audits (including technical reviews such as operating systems and database reviews) and assignments. Maintains current knowledge of Industry IT audit requirements and technological developments within the company.
- Establishes professional communications with technology and business management and handles various types of audit requests in a quality manner.
- Actively provides IT audit expertise and judgment to support operational audits that include application and IT controls testing.
- Survey auditable areas to determine the nature of operations and the adequacy of internal controls. Evaluates the effectiveness of controls through the application of technical knowledge of business processes and internal control systems.
- Assist audit managers with determining the scope/focus of the audit engagement.
- Responsible for completing all phases of the audit including planning, risk assessment, testing, and report writing.
- Perform the audit in a professional manner and in accordance with the approved audit plan.
- Obtains, analyzes, and appraises audit evidence as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls and the efficiency of the activities being reviewed.
- Makes oral or written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of the audit, discussing control issues and corrective action to improve operations. Prepares formal written reports, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Appraises the adequacy of the corrective action taken by management relative to findings from the audit.
1. Proficient in data analytics for audit purposes.
2. Strong ability to read and write SQL programming language queries for pulling data, with the ability to read and/or write with other coding languages a plus.
3. Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar technical field preferred. BS in Business Administration, or other related field with some concentration in IT also acceptable.
4. 5 plus years of data analytics experience combined with internal/external auditing, IT consulting or systems analysis experience or broad operational experience in a technical area.
5. Experience in the financial services industry preferred.
6. Experience with IT, information security, system development and operational audits, consulting, and/or implementation reviews.
7. Experience auditing most of the following technologies is a plus: SQL Server, Oracle, Windows, UNIX, routers and firewalls.
8. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
9. Willingness to work overtime when required.
10. CISA, CISSP, CPA, CIA or other applicable professional designation is a plus
#LI-HYBRID What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster and supplement.