At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is currently in need of a talented Water/Wastewater Project Manager to work as a member of the Mid-Atlantic Water Business Group (WBG). Our WBG is partering with clients in Virginia and Maryland to deliver some of their largest, most critical and exciting infrastructure projects. The strength of our program, as well as the diversity of projects and clients, provides temendous career development and growth opportunities. We're focused on hiring staff that will contribute positively to HDR's employee-ownership culture while serving our local clients' greatest needs.
The successful candidate will be expected to lead detailed and multi-disciplinary design, concept, planning and construction services for water/wastewater treatment plant, pump stations, and collection/distribution systems. Tasks will include: process mechanical design, process design, hydraulic calculations, preparation of design drawings, technical specifications, equipment selection, coordination with various design disciplines and cost estimation. Candidate is expected to be capable of being a main point of contact for our clients during the deliver of projects and participate in client managment activities with area leadership.
* BS in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical or related discipline
* PE license
* 7+ years of wastewater project experience in treatment (i.e. inside the fence), including experience in leading multi-disciplinary design efforts
* Must have excellent communication skills and thrive working in a team environment and experience being the main point of contact with a client
* A personality, disposition and commitment to being an active participant in our client-focused employee-owned culture
* Master's degree
* Experience with drinking water treatment design and/or pumping stations, in addition to the above-mentioned wastewater experience
* PE license in Virginia or the ability to receive VA licensure via reciprocity
* Experience utilizing Revit, Civil 3D and BioWin as part of project delivery
* Requisite project and design management (i.e. lead multi-discipline designs) skills
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.