Paul Hastings is a leading international law firm that provides innovative legal solutions to many of the world's top financial institutions and Fortune Global 500 companies. With a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S., we have the global reach and extensive capabilities to provide personalized service wherever our clients' needs take us. As one of the world's leading law firms, we seek dynamic individuals who share our commitment to service, innovation, and professional growth.
We have an opening for a Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst.
This position may sit in any of our U.S. offices.
The Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst is positioned in the Finance Department and supports the Firm's reporting and data analytics needs, to ensure accurate and reliable financial information is provided for decision making and planning. You will directly interact with Firm Leadership, Attorneys, Information Technology, Practice Innovation, Business Development, Talent Management, the Finance Department, and other areas within the Firm. Externally, you may interact with third-party consultants and vendors who support the Firm's financial systems, report development and business intelligence applications, in the integration and innovation of the Firm's reporting and analytics.
In this capacity, the Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst will:
- Drive advancements in the Firm's reporting, data visualization and analysis capabilities through the use of business intelligence dashboards and report development;
- Desire to acquire knowledge of new systems and practices in accordance with Firm need, including automation and analytical process improvement tools;
- Be passionate about working with data and technology;
- Collaborate with IT and third-party consultants on the development and testing of report automation and system enhancements; create specs, mock-ups and other supporting documentation necessary to define report output or system requirements to meet the business need; communicate issues with existing reports or systems, and follow through testing to resolution;
- Perform in-depth analysis using critical thinking skills to provide accurate financial information in a format that is useful and meaningful to the audience;
- Provide Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and various financial reports, data visualizations, and reporting packages for Firm leadership and management to use in decision making;
- Work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction; take action when answers to a problem are not readily apparent;
- Manage recurring deliverables in accordance with agreed upon specifications and set deadlines;
- Complete complex surveys requested by clients describing nature of work and timekeeper composition on matters;
- Produce both ad-hoc and preconfigured reports and metrics from various financial systems and business intelligence applications, in accordance with the department's best practices and confidentiality requirements;
- Promptly and accurately respond to ad hoc report requests received during a designated time slot during regular work hours; working as part of a team environment, assist colleagues with requests when needed; occasionally handle off-hours urgent requests;
- Log and file completed ad-hoc requests in shared workspace for future reference;
- Maintain reports knowledge library by thoroughly documenting instructions for new reports and removing obsolete documentation;
- Reconcile bank accounts and/or trust accounts; analyze reconciling accounts and determine the next steps; and
- Maintain strict confidentiality of business systems data.
The Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst may also be responsible for the following:
- Use structured query language (SQL) and stored procedures to extract information from firm's relational databases for reports, inquiries, spreadsheets and other formats;
- Develop and test report front ends to enhance reports' value;
- Review and test data design work developed by other report writers;
- Test new versions of existing report development tools to assess value and stability prior to implementation;
- Test new report development tools to assess possible value to firm;
- Perform standard queries against financial database, import into Excel or other programs and manipulate as necessary for display and distribution;
- Maintain and update the Reports Team metrics in accordance with the Firm's best practices and desired report output for consistency in the department's work product;
- Develop reports for financial and Talent Management analysis, production, data and process control using Power BI, SQL, SSAS, VBA, Excel, and other tools that access the firm's financial and Talent Management databases;
- Assist in producing year-end Committee schedules and other schedules required;
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) during system upgrades and implementations;
- Provide project assistance including tracking and following-up on issues, enhancements, customizations and service requests from inception to completion;
- Work overtime as required, in particular at month-end and year-end; and
- Handle additional tasks and projects as assigned.
- Advanced-level proficiency in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint;
- Experience with 3E accounting software or similar programs;
- Experience with Power BI, SQL, SSAS and VBA (strongly preferred);
- Experience working in a Law Firm (strongly preferred);
- Knowledge of general accounting principles;
- Capability to learn and follow Firm and practice-area-specific procedures and terminology; and
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- A Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance (preferred); and
- At least 5 years of financial reporting experience (preferred).
Employees will be provided with an excellent career opportunity in a collaborative environment, in addition to a generous total compensation package with the opportunity to earn bonuses based on individual contribution and firm profitability.
Eligible employees can participate in the Firm's comprehensive benefits program, which include the following:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Long Term Care, and Short and Long Term Disability
- Voluntary 401k plan and profit sharing
- 10 paid holidays per year, and a generous PTO program
- Family Support including Paid Parental Leave and Fertility coverage
- Bright Horizons (Back-up child care, elder care and online tutoring)
- Dependent Care
- Wellness programs (Employee Assistance Program, mental health and well-being events)
- Anniversary Bonus Program
- Professional Development Programs
- Transportation Allowance and Commuter Benefits
- Auto/Home/Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- And more!
The Firm has a range of diversity initiatives including our Paul Hastings Affinity Networks (PHANs), Women's Initiative, and PH Balanced. These initiatives provide a firmwide forum to share experiences, as well as an opportunity to participate in a supportive network with common interests to help make life at the firm more inclusive. Learn more about our Global Diversity, Inclusion and Wellness Initiatives .
Paul Hastings LLP is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees and partners, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all partners and employees based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination. Offers of employment will be conditioned upon applicants presenting proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or obtaining an exemption on medical or religious grounds.
Paul Hastings LLP is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.