Simply Put, A Great Place to Work!
Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering, and professional services firm. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country - creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment and work hard to maintain a culture that is collaborative, supportive, and respectful to work/life balance. As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you'll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share.
Resident Construction Project Manager - Denver, CO
Benesch is hiring a full-time Resident Project Manager to be a key member of our Denver, CO office. As a Resident Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing assigned projects by providing supervision and leadership to assigned staff, executing project plans, and overseeing the day-to-day operations. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years of experience working directly with CDOT, Municipal and private clients across CO.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
What you will need:
- Manage assigned projects by providing direct supervision and leadership of staff assigned to the project.
- Execute project work plans and revisions; these will be created in conjunction with Group Manager.
- Identify resources needed and perform or effectively delegate staff duties and responsibilities.
- Monitor estimate of budget, scope, and schedule
- Research and develop unit costs for estimating purposes on extra work.
- Analysis of accounting reports to the Group Manager on performance.
- Establish survey requirements in conjunction with Surveyor
- Monitor staff hours and review timesheets
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and confirm that reports, record drawings, etc. are up to date.
- Prepare and/or review all correspondence.
- Prepare and submit to group manager appropriate project reports.
- Organize correspondence files
- Schedule and conduct project meetings with staff
- Establish client contact/maintain positive relationships or request assistance from Group Manager as required.
- Work with the Group manager to interface with the client.
- Coordinate and review work performed by sub-consultants. Assist Group Manager with preparation and administration of sub-agreements.
- Assist in contract negotiations
- Participate in resolution of conflicts during project development and construction
- Complete and submit NPI forms at the beginning of projects
- Review and verify invoices and direct expense reports for accuracy and prepare support information required for contract compliance
- Follow-up with the client on the collection of invoices as directed by Division Manager/Group Manager.
- Compliance with QTE Guidelines, QA/QC/QMT procedures on assigned projects
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members
- Perform project close-out
- Identify and document out-of-scope work to Group Manager.
- Perform annual evaluations of assigned staff
- Ensure that vehicles and equipment used on site are appropriately allocated and maintained.
- Must be a licensed PE with a minimum of a BS in civil engineering OR Construction Management. Experience with Colorado DOT/ Federal Aid Local Agency construction experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience and Minimum of ten years of industry experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable codes & standards
- Knowledge of general business and management principles
- Competent use of CADD
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work under time constraints dealing with numerous concurrent activities
$40.00 to $60.00/hr
The expected compensation range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The final agreed-upon compensation is based on numerous factors, including but not limited to individual education, qualifications, prior work experience, and geographic location. The total annual compensation package will consist of a base salary, overtime, and bonuses.
Our benefits package is designed to take care of our employees. Benesch offers a generous paid time benefits plan that increases throughout your career plus several paid holidays. Our benefits include medical, dental, and vision benefits. We also include company-paid life insurance, short term, and long-term disability plans. Benesch offers a 401K plan and profit-sharing contributions to the 401K plan. From insurance and retirement plan to our wellness programs, we provide employee benefits that meet your wants and needs.