* Analyzes, evaluates, and consolidates budgetary and financial data received from Budget Management Analysts 3A within the Prince George's County Health Department to prepare respective budgets for submission to Maryland Department of Health (MDH), the County Council, and other granting agencies. In this capacity, the incumbent has a wide variety of responsibilities for the programming, budgeting, and accounting for resources required by the Health Department.
* Prepare all financial exhibits and schedules, utilizing pertinent financial reports, accounting systems, and other available resources. Prepare required monthly, quarterly, mid-year, and/or final reports for submission to the appropriate funding agency. Utilize internal funds control report along with County's MSA report to prepare current expenditure status report for assigned program(s).
* Assist the Chief, Financial Services in the administration of a program of budgetary and grants management operations for the Department, in conjunction with the budget and financial reporting guidelines/regulations of the County Government, the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, and granting agencies.
* Provides budget preparation instruction and guidance to assigned departments and programs within the Health Department. Also provide technical assistance during budget preparation with state, county, and federal budgets.
* Assist programs with managing budgets and/or reallocate funds appropriately and as needed. Submit Grant Budget modifications, if required, to MDH by established deadlines.
* Serves as the program liaison and provide guidance to the various Budget Management Analysts 3A within the Health Department (HD) to provide advice on budgetary and financial planning, identifying budgetary needs and recommend solutions for fulfilling all budgetary and financial needs.
* Serve as the liaison between Management, Budget, and the appropriate and corresponding Grantor's administrative and policy-making staff as regulations and procedures relating to fiscal issues and responsibilities.
* Interpret official budget preparation correspondence and prepare forms and detailed instructions to Program Directors and Budget Management Analysts 3A to ensure that budget submissions are timely, accurate, informative, and fully justified.