Merrick & Company is seeking a college or graduate school Civil Engineering student for a paid summer internship for Summer 2022 for our Greenwood Village (Denver Metro), CO office. The summer internship has a commitment of approximately mid-May through mid-August 2022.
Here are some of the projects that we provide full engineering design services for:
- RidgeGate - Merrick is district engineer for this 3500-acre project. RidgeGate is a "New Urbanism" mixed-use development that includes single-family and multi-family residential, office parks, retail development, a hospital, recreational facilities, and open space areas.
- Chick-fil-A - site development for locations throughout Colorado including new store developments and existing store remodels/renovations.
- Marriott - Merrick provided site development engineering services for the developer for this 3.0acre project. Engineering services provided included preliminary site layout and design, and civil construction documents including water distribution, sanitary sewer, storm water, grading, drainage, and dry utility coordination.
Resumes will be reviewed in December/January, interviews will take place in February/March 2022, and offers will be extended in March/April 2022. Timeframe subject to change.
The summer internship will provide an undergraduate or graduate student an opportunity to gain technical experience in the field of civil engineering. The intern will be exposed to a variety of civil engineering items including storm drainage, site, roadway and utility design.
The position requires the collaboration with other disciplines, ability to interface with clients and contractors, follow schedules and budget commitments, work independently, possess good written and oral communication skills and the ability to problem solve. Must meet expectations for attendance and punctuality. Students who have recently graduated will not be considered.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil3D preferred.
- Must be currently enrolled and entering junior year or higher of undergraduate degree or currently enrolled in grad school.
- Must be pursuing an engineering degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
- Local candidates preferred.
- Students actively pursuing a Civil Engineering degree with a Structural emphasis will not be considered.
- Requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- Be able to work in an environment with open discussions and visitors without getting distracted.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Apply online only. No email, hard copy or third-party resumes accepted.
- Merrick & Company is a federal contractor subject to Executive Order No. 14042 and requires vaccination. All individuals hired by Merrick are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid exemption. Proof of vaccination will be required.
- The pay range listed in this posting indicates the position's eligibility to work in the state of Colorado and is consistent with our offices there; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
- We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training as well as coaching and peer mentoring programs.
- Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.