HollyFrontier Corporation in El Dorado, KS is seeking a Reliability Engineering Supervisor who will oversee departmental requirements specific to Reliability Engineering.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
* Assists in communicating priorities and reporting progress of assignments to the Department Manager
* Maintains detailed account of all project scope and engineering work performed by the group and provides regular updates
* Organizes and communicates engineering support efforts based on equipment monitoring results, and requests by the Department Manager and/or other refinery departments depending on assignment
* Oversees efforts of Engineering to monitor equipment performance and provides technical support for refinery needs as they arise
* Provides engineering support to various Departments, reviews daily unit and/or equipment reports and tracks performance of assigned units and/or this equipment, and communicates observations made via recommendations to the Operations and/or Maintenance Departments.
* Ensures project scope development and supporting engineering meet targeted criteria for Safety Performance, Environmental Compliance, and scope definitions, meeting all required engineering standards as well as accuracy and comprehensiveness of Engineering Designs
* Completes scope development and Engineering within target schedule and provides project startup coverage as required
* Meets all Process Safety Management (PSM) requirements of the As Built project
* Manages team of assigned Engineers in related discipline
* May provide Unit Startup assistance for existing as well as new facilities, and perform economic analysis and fill ROI reports for capital upgrades depending on assignment
* Facilitates or directs Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) efforts for equipment failures, as well as tracking and implementing corrective action plans
* Tracks refinery lost profit opportunity (LPO) and prioritizes department projects and initiatives to minimize LPO.
* Provides turnaround support including pre-turnaround recommendations, post- turnaround establishment of baseline data, inspection, and procedure modification
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their superior, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of ten years refining or related experience is required,
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineeringis required,
Ability to lead and direct the work of others - typically individual contributors. Working knowledge of commonly used engineering concepts and ability to apply this knowledge analytically and to stay abreast of new technology developments and processes is essential. Knowledge of Microsoft products and experience with engineering software. Proven leadership skills in coaching employees and management skills in scheduling, budgeting, and manpower requirements. Ability to communicate effectively with others, both written and verbal communication. Familiarity with standards and practices of the specific discipline. Advanced reading and writing skills, with the ability to perform complex mathematical calculations.
Responsible for the supervision of approximately six Engineers who may be in various disciplines including chemical, mechanical, civil, electrical and instrument, and may oversee outside contract engineers depending on assignment.
Office and petroleum refinery based with up to 20% travel by land and air required. Petroleum refinery, warehouse/plant environment, out-of-doors and driver based environment including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, rotating equipment, loud noises, vibrations, fumes or airborne particles and wet and/or oil contaminated conditions, at both below grade and elevated positions. Subject to all temperatures, weather and varying road conditions.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, reaching or grasping, lifting and/or carrying up to 50 lbs, climbing up to 200 ft and up to 15 flights of stairs, perceive color differences, wearing personal protective equipment as needed and a respirator in emergency situations (beards not permitted), ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, valid State driver's license and proof of insurance required.
Our One HFC Culture focuses on five key values of Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Ownership and Inclusion. They influence our decisions, shape our behaviors and keep us connected across the entire organization. Safety is first: We maintain a true Safety culture for our employees, communities, environments and customers. Our goal is to make sure everyone returns home safely each day. Everything we do is done with Integrity; We speak up. We listen. We do the right thing. We encourage employees to Step Up and Stand Out by championing a culture of Teamwork and Ownership. Last, but not least, we foster a culture of Inclusion by encouraging diversity of experiences, viewpoints and backgrounds. What makes each of us different, together makes us stronger.
HF Sinclair Corporation ("HF Sinclair"), headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent energy company that produces and markets high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, renewable diesel and other specialty products. HF Sinclair owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Wyoming, Washington and Utah and markets its refined products in 19 states principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. HF Sinclair supplies high quality fuels to more than 1,300 Sinclair branded stations and licenses the use of the Sinclair brand at more than 300 additional locations throughout the country. In addition, subsidiaries of HF Sinclair produce and market base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, and export products to more than 80 countries. Through its subsidiaries, HF Sinclair produces renewable diesel at two of its facilities in Wyoming. HF Sinclair also owns a 47% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HF Sinclair subsidiaries.
HF Sinclair Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.