Simply Put, A Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
Take your career to the next level with Alfred Benesch & Company, a growing, multi-disciplined engineering and professional services firm.
As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being large enough to handle our client's most complex and challenging assignments but nimble enough to offer exceptional service. At Benesch, you will work with the industry's brightest minds on challenging and unique projects that shape our nation's infrastructure and local communities - creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
Railroad Structural Technologist
This position will support Railroad transportation engineering projects. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of two (2) years of structural drafting experience. Knowledge of CAD platforms and MicroStation is preferred.
What you will do:
What You Will Need:
- Draft and create construction documents primarily utilizing MicroStation
- Develop preliminary/conceptual plans of proposed work in the form of maps, photos, sketches, MicroStation/CAD drawings, or written explanation
- Coordinate drafting and design with Project Engineers
- Coordinate design and layout with applicable code requirements
- Gather quantities and perform estimations of project construction costs
- Develop and draw design details, plans, sections, and notes independently and from the verbal or written direction
- Record and organization of progress files, email correspondence, design alterations, and project status
- The print, plot, and scan various project plans and draw data
- Perform occasional fieldwork or site reconnaissance, sometimes requiring out-of-town travel
- Associate's Degree in Computer-Aided Drafting or related technical area required
- Minimum two (2) years of DOT experience with structural plan layout and detailing of bridges a plus
- Familiarity with DOT Bridge Design Guides/Manuals and AASHTO LRFD Specifications
- Knowledge and proficiency (or ability to gain this knowledge) in appropriate software: CAD platforms, MicroStation V8i, Windows/Networks, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate and deliver in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and collaboration skills are key
- General understanding of engineering principles and practices
- General understanding of project scheduling and deadlines
As an employee-owned firm, we recognize that our employees provide the knowledge and passion essential to positively shaping our communities' infrastructure. At Benesch, we win as one team, offering a full benefits package that covers so much more than just your medical, dental, and vision insurance. From offering company-wide bonuses to providing work/life balance, mentorship programs, 9% retirement fund contributions, and more!
To view a complete list of the benefits Benesch has to offer .