Amazon's Canada team is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, hard-working, analytical and creative candidate to join our Consumables Baby team. You will work directly with a strategic vendor partner to develop their business, acting as a liaison and executing a joint business plan.
The Brand Specialist position offers an exciting introduction to our on-line retail business and a broad training ground for future success. This role will work directly with a strategic vendor to grow their business and optimize their supply chain while working with multiple internal teams and management.
The Brand Specialist will develop skills and work across all three functional areas (In-stock, Vendor Management, and Site Merchandising) to grow and improve their vendor's success at Amazon. This role is for experienced brand managers with the ability to think strategically and act tactically.
Key job responsibilities
The Brand Specialist role will be responsible for the following:
* Acting as the 'business owner' for his or her vendor in their respective categories, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact the business
* Owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on vendor, along with responsibility for driving strategic supply chain projects and promotions to achieve business objectives
* Proactively negotiating costs, promotional opportunities, and other business inputs for the vendor - autonomously
* Conducting pricing and ROI analysis and making recommendations for initiatives that optimize profit margin
* Managing Purchase Orders and In-Stock analysis for the strategic brands
* Optimizing the online presence and content of each product on the brand's portfolio
* Developing and executing marketing plans in order to drive awareness and purchases for the brand
* Driving cross-category initiatives to improve operational process and deliver results
Bachelor's degree - A background (2+ years) in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing - 2+ years negotiation experience - Experience using Excel to analyze data to support business decisions Supply chain, strategy, brand management or finance background - Excellent presentation, organization and account management skills - Strong database and computer skills - Experience creating, iterating, and improving end-to-end supply chain - Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal - Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results - Experience in process improvement - Able to prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment - Project management skills - Ability to drive cross-functional initiatives influencing on competing priorities - Experience with business analysis and P&L management Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.