We want to ensure that the application process is smooth and efficient and recommend the following tips:
- Prior to applying, please provide all of your applicable experience and education relevant to the job requirements.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
- All online assessments are completed online. After you submit an application, if an assessment is required, an email with instructions to complete the assessment will be sent to you. In the event you need access to a computer, please consider visiting the WIN Job Center or your local library.
Once you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if we would like to discuss your application.
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to personally respond to all applicants. Please feel free to check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Human ResourcesImportant Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.Job Requisition ID:R00018004Job Category:Health SystemOrganization:Infection PreventionLocation/s:Main Campus JacksonJob Title:Infection Preventionist II - FTJob Summary:To review collected data and to prepare a variety of reports and/or plans directed at preventing the spread of infection to patients, visitors and staff. To provide infection preventionist with interpretations of CDC definitions in relation to health care associated vs community acquired infections. To serve as consultant to staff with regard to mock TJC surveys, best practice for procedures, compliance with all regulatory guidelines and to provide infection prevention education.Education & Experience
Associate's degree in a healthcare related field, bachelor's degree preferred, plus three (3) years of experience in an acute care hospital.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
No other equivalents allowed.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration required: certification by the board of infection control preferred.
Analytical skills. Skills in the use of personal computers and related software applications. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Self-motivation, team metrics and the ability to interact with clinicians, physicians and upper level management in a professional manner. Knowledge of adult education preferred.
- Collects and compiles infection and best practice compliance data and reports appropriately.
- Enters data into TheraDoc and national healthcare safety network.
- Reviews discharge and admission patient data on infections and notifies accordingly.
- Manages isolation, care and reporting of the TB patient with clinical staff and the department of health.
- Serves as ICP consultant for construction projects.
- Reviews microbiology reports and discusses unfamiliar organisms with the manager or director.
- Integrates IC surveillance systems within the framework of the hospital infection prevention program.
- Reviews autopsy reports for infection detected post mortem and reports appropriately.
- Reports to employee health and helps to monitor employee exposures to communicable diseases.
- Reports finding of infection prevention department mock surveys and relates to performance improvement.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental DemandsTime Type:Full timeFLSA Designation/Job Exempt:YesPay Class:SalaryFTE %:100Work Shift:Benefits Eligibility:Benefits EligibleJob Posting Date:12/3/2021Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):
Requires occasional handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, occasional exposure to bio-hazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional travelling to offsite locations, constant work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, occasional bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds, occasional climbing, occasional crawling, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, occasional reaching, occasional sitting, occasional standing, occasional twisting, and occasional walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
The University of Mississippi Medical Center is an EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Title VI/Title VII/Title IX/504/ADA/ADEA employer. The University of Mississippi Medical Center’s education, research, and service programs are open to every qualified person. Equal Employment Opportunity is announced, provided, and ensured for all persons and affirmative action is taken to guarantee that individuals recruited, hired, trained, promoted, will in all ways be treated equally without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, socio-economic status, culture, or genetic information. Inquiries or concerns may be made to: Employee Relations, 2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39216.