We want to ensure that the application process is smooth and efficient and recommend the following tips:
- Prior to applying, please provide all of your applicable experience and education relevant to the job requirements.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
- All online assessments are completed online. After you submit an application, if an assessment is required, an email with instructions to complete the assessment will be sent to you. In the event you need access to a computer, please consider visiting the WIN Job Center or your local library.
Once you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if we would like to discuss your application.
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to personally respond to all applicants. Please feel free to check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Human ResourcesImportant Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.Job Requisition ID:R00017798Job Category:Health SystemOrganization:MRI-TechsLocation/s:Main Campus JacksonJob Title:MRI Tech Aide I - FTJob Summary:To provide direct and indirect patient care in the MRIarea under the guidance and direction of the MRI personnel and in accordance with UMMC policy and MRI practice laws and regulations. To assist with room turnovers, receptionist responsibilities, transporting of patients, stocking supplies, cleaning and maintaining supplies, equipment care, patient positioning and patient prep. To perform job duties in accordance with the medical center's purpose.Education & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required. One (1) year experience in a healthcare related occupation preferred, or completion of first semester of Radiologic program preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Certifications, Licenses, or registration required: N/A
- Demonstrates effective communication skills across departments. Performs unit secretary duties, including telephone duties , appropriate message taking, and related tasks
- Demonstrates an understanding of the principles of MRI practice in order to sssist the MRI personnel in the care of the patient.
- Understands the importance of National Patient Safety Goals (specifically related to patient identification) when escorting or transporting patients and equipment to various hospital locations, as required
- Understands the importance of MRI safety in and around the magnetic field in the MRI environment.
- Routinely handles highly-technical service-specific equipment (MRI coils, MRI table, patient care monitors, injectors) with an understanding of operational function, safety, cleaning, maintenance). Assembles, cleans and prepares and/or moves equipment as directed.
- Demonstrates an understanding of appropriate specimen handling, including, but not limited to packaging, preservatives, tracking and regulatory compliance. Delivers specimens, cultures and/or labs to appropriate locations within acceptable time frames as directed
- Assist in room turnover (cleaning and hazardous material disposal).
- Assist with the restocking, cleaning and maintaining supplies in the MRI areas.
- Assists the MRI personnel in the care of the patient (obtaining vital signs, O2 connection, patient transfer, patient position and other duties as assigned).
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
Requires frequent exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, frequent handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, frequent exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention safety considerations, frequent traveling to offsite locations, frequent activities subject to significant volume changes of seasonal/clinical nature, frequent work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, frequent bending, frequent lifting and carrying more than 100 pounds, frequent climbing, frequent crawling, frequent crouching/stooping, frequent kneeling, frequent pushing/pulling, frequent reaching, occasional sitting, frequent standing, frequent twisting, and frequent walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51%)Time Type:Full timeFLSA Designation/Job Exempt:NoPay Class:HourlyFTE %:100Work Shift:RotatingBenefits Eligibility:Benefits EligibleJob Posting Date:12/2/2021Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):
The University of Mississippi Medical Center is an EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Title VI/Title VII/Title IX/504/ADA/ADEA employer. The University of Mississippi Medical Center’s education, research, and service programs are open to every qualified person. Equal Employment Opportunity is announced, provided, and ensured for all persons and affirmative action is taken to guarantee that individuals recruited, hired, trained, promoted, will in all ways be treated equally without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, socio-economic status, culture, or genetic information. Inquiries or concerns may be made to: Employee Relations, 2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39216.