Job Purpose: The Indirect Dealer Relationship Manager will be responsible for developing strong, profitable relationships with indirect dealers approved for the program. They will also evaluate new business opportunities with prospective dealerships. The Relationship Manager will serve as a primary liaison between the dealership and the internal departments supporting the indirect lending program to ensure service levels are met and operational issues resolved. The Relationship Manager will be responsible for ensuring dealer staff is adequately trained on the requirements of People's Indirect program and that business generated from the relationship is of sound credit quality and complies with all state and federal laws and regulations.
- Call on existing, approved indirect dealers to review on-going production trends and gain commitments from the dealerships to generate more applications or loans.
- Through referrals or "cold-calling" efforts, call on prospective dealers to present People's indirect lending program and evaluate the dealer for future business opportunities.
- Develop and execute sales plans to increase application and booked loan volume from our indirect channel.
- Collaborate with line-of-business partners in developing a comprehensive product offering which might include banking and cash management services, commercial or floor plan lending, retail sales finance underwriting or insurance needs.
- Maintain accurate dealer records and files and conduct periodic review of production, delinquency and loss trends to evaluate the profitability and risk of that dealer relationship. Conduct initial due diligence on prospective dealers or periodic due diligence on existing dealers as needed. Make in-person calls on a regular basis to all approved dealers.
- Responsible for set-up and training of the Bank's indirect program with newly added dealerships. This will include ensuring that dealer's software is set up properly to generate accurate, compliant sales contracts.
- Oversee direct communications with the dealer community including the periodic distribution of rate/pricing sheets. Conduct market research as needed to understand competitor rates and indirect program criteria.
- Serve as a liaison between the dealer and the Bank in resolving service or operational issues including management of escalations to the underwriting team over specific loan transactions.
- Engage dealer as necessary to resolve transactional issues involving contract or collateral (title) errors
- Maintain a thorough understanding of credit policy as well as the primary Regulations impacting this line of business (Reg Z, Reg B, FCRA etc.). The Indirect Dealer Sales Representative will participate in or lead discussions with the dealer to review concerns the bank may have in regard to their adherence to our dealer program (e.g., explanation of discretionary pricing mark-up by the dealership).
- Compile reporting and statistics on the indirect program for Management as necessary.
- Will perform special projects as assigned
Education, Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Past experience in consumer loan underwriting or managing an underwriting function preferred
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and analytical skills
- Proven problem solving skills with a high sense of urgency
- Proven ability to collaborate across business lines
- Must be able to travel, limited overnight (company car provided)
- Able to provide proof of COVID 19 vaccination or valid exemption documentation.
- Must have valid driver's license
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet;
For inquiries regarding employment with Peoples Bank, email firstname.lastname@example.org.