The position provides excellent service to customers in accordance with Peoples Bank policies. Will open deposit accounts, handle client and internal transactions, sell/cross sell bank products and services, generate and execute consumer loans, and resolves customer service issues. This position engages in sales and service activities in branch locations. Contribute directly to the success of the banking center by recognizing and uncovering opportunities to make sales referrals on products and services. This position will also refer customers to the appropriate source or channel to address their need.
* Deliver superior customer service with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help at all times.
* Develop and retain the customer base, greet by/use name, have knowledge of account ownership, and be responsive and timely with correspondence and problem resolution.
* Maintain a position of trust and responsibility by keeping all customer business confidential.
* Maintain balancing and error record that is in line with policy and have the ability to find and correct outages and to enlist help as needed for more difficult errors.
* Receives checks and cash for deposit to savings and checking accounts, verifies deposit amounts, and examines checks for endorsement and negotiability.
* Acquires, uses, and maintains, consumer lending product knowledge and abilities to generate and execute consumer loans, lines and deposit products.
* Must be self-motivated and assertive with an ability to perform well in a sales environment and interact well with customers and team members in a professional manner.
* Must possess an ability to turn service encounters into dialogue based meetings where other needs can be uncovered.
* Consistently meeting or exceed sales referrals as set by management. Maintain a well develop working knowledge of the complete line of products and services offered.
* Initiate conversations to uncover customer needs to be capable of effectively referring customers to business partners for the selling and cross-selling bank products and services to customers.
* Consistently completes required training for all bank and branch policies and procedures.
* Responsible for interpreting documents such as safety rules, account documents, operating and maintenance instructions, consumer loan documents and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Define and offer solutions to resolve problems. Uses knowledge of the organization to identify helpful resources.
* Follow operational standards regarding security, risk management, and compliance.
* Make calls via phone or zoom to clients and/or prospects on a weekly basis to meet calling goals of the branch while recording those calls in the P1 system.
* Ability to interpret data to evaluate for acceptable lending ratios and product and service opportunities.
* Consistently meet sales goals.
Education, Experience and Job Skills
* High School Diploma or GED; one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a high degree of accuracy and close attention to detail
* Proficient knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office software (Notes, Word, and Excel)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Positive and professional attitude
* Proven Team Player
* Must be able to travel to attend internal education and meetings which in some circumstances could include overnight stay. Travel also required to fill in at other branches as needed.
* Must be able to pass background and credit standards to hold NMLS credentials.
* Trustworthy and confidential behavior is essential in this role
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet;
For inquiries regarding employment with Peoples Bank, email email@example.com.