Stanley Consultants, Inc. is a Federal Contractor and subject to Executive Order 14042 concerning COVID-19 vaccination requirements for employees of Federal Contractors except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an exemption.
Stanley Consultants, Inc. is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to work in our Denver, Colorado office.
You will be responsible for the design of electrical substations and high-voltage electrical transmission lines comprised of monopoles or steel lattice towers; designing and analyzing steel, concrete, and masonry structures; and shallow and deep reinforced concrete foundations. Additional types of projects may include structural analysis design of utility plant, industrial, and campus facilities and steel supports for electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Participates in project scoping, scheduling and costing for proposal preparation of Structural Discipline work.
- Manages the day-to-day project activities seeing that responsibilities are assigned, and the execution of tasks are begun and completed according to schedule including inter-discipline coordination and teamwork.
- Achieves project performance objectives including structural quality, budgets, and schedules while staying within the contractual scope of the project.
- Prepares and modifies reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, studies and designs and evaluates and recommends change orders for projects.
- Serves as technical liaison with clients on project efforts and coordinates technical efforts within discipline areas.
- Consults with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
- Conducts construction site visits to monitor progress and compliance with construction documents.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Contacts vendors, regulatory agencies, and sub-consultants to obtain information, guidance and requirements.
- Adheres to company standards for quality assurance and quality control.
- Mentor and train junior level engineers and designers.
- Performs the design of structures in accordance with design codes and standards published by ICC, ASCE, ACI, and AISC.
Required skills, experience and education:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited College or University.
- Must possess a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
- PE licensure in Colorado with ability to quickly become licensed in other states.
- 5+ years of experience with Engineering Consultant firm.
- 3+ years of structural steel and foundation design experience
- 1+ years of demonstrated successful experience as a discipline Task Lead or equivalent with an understanding of effective management processes.
- Proficiency in utilizing computer software packages and automated engineering and design software including MathCAD, STAAD.Pro, RISA3D, LPILE, MFAD, and MS Office Suite. TNX Tower, PLS Tower, PLS Pole, RISA Foundation, and/or RISA Floor a plus.
- Ability to work legally in the United States for any length of time.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Salary Range: Base Compensation: $100,000 - $125,000
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location.
As a member-owned company for over 100 years, we have been improving lives by surpassing complex challenges in power generation and delivery, transportation, water, governmental and military facilities, building services, and the environment. We inspire by embracing a global mindset, diversity and training to build member skills that stretch the imagination. We provide a collegial work environment where members feel connected to their colleagues and clients, as well as fulfilled in their work.
We are proud to be part of Stanley Consultants, and invite you to join our team!
A Great Place to Work: Become a Member
Once you are hired at Stanley Consultants, you become a member of our member-owned company. Our Core Values speak to the capabilities, initiative, integrity, creativity, and commitment that make you, as a member, our most important asset. As a member, you have the opportunity to chart your own career path and play a role in shaping our mutual future.