SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at.
The successful candidate will apply their experience in Software development for embedded systems to expand SiriusXM's software products. This individual will be a key member of the team responsible for design, documentation, implementation, and validation of software components used by multiple internal and external customers to launch exciting new satellite radio audio and data services and advanced telematics features. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can work both independently and within a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, document, and implement application software to bring audio, data and advanced telematics and connectivity features to automotive and aftermarket products.
- Support the full software development lifecycle from initial feature definition through software release and in-field customer support.
- Participate in design and implementation software for the next generation software platform to enable Satellite Audio, and Data Services and next generation Telematics features.
- Perform analysis of internal and third-party product requirements and specifications, understanding of software framework architectures and designs to meet internal and external customer needs.
- Participate in software design and review sessions with the software team and other stakeholders.
- Author software application notes, programming manuals, and training materials for distribution and presentation to Sirius XM partners.
- Author software components, insuring they meet functional and quality requirements.
- Utilize best practices in implementing software deliverables.
- Assist in supporting end-users of the software deliverables, providing support as needed.
- Perform special projects, lab/field testing, and other duties as necessary.
The Software Engineer will be primarily responsible for the development and execution of software for SiriusXM Satellite Radio systems. Typical duties of the Software Engineer will include:
- Assist in the development of advanced architectures and platforms for next generation software to control Satellite audio, data services and advance telematics features.
- Assist in the development of advanced Infotainment and Telematics features for SiriusXM Radio receiver products.
- Collaborate with SiriusXM receiver manufacturer partners to resolve outstanding software issues during the product development process.
- Provide regular and accurate reports to the Senior Manager and perform special projects, lab/field testing, and other duties as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job
- BS Engineering or SW Engineering or equivalent experience required. MS Engineering is desired.
- 1-2+ years experience in real-time software development for embedded consumer or automotive products.
- Proficient in C/C++.
- Experience with, Linux, embOS other RTOS.
- Experience with advanced software development environments (IDE, compilers, operating systems, source management tools, and test tools).
- Experience with embedded, real-time software design and implementation with the ability to clearly articulate complex system architecture, and design considerations.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Satellite receivers
- Consumer or Automotive audio and infotainment products (radio head units, navigation systems, MP3 connectivity, CD players, telematics systems, etc.)
- Digital communications
- IPC Mechanisms - Sockets, Message Queues, Shared Memory, etc.
- Experience with formal software design processes.
- Experience with program management and software milestone deliverable
- Experience working with internal and external customers
Requirements and General Skills:
- Comfortable working in matrix environment, coordinating activities of multiple teams in multiple sites not under line management control
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Expertise in C/C++, object oriented methodologies, and system software design concepts.
- Familiarity with Linux, emBOS or other real time operating systems.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as ClearCase, GIT/GitHub
- Experience with electronic test and debugging equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, JTAG
- Write effective software application notes, programming manuals, and training materials for distribution and presentation to Sirius partners.
- Experience in participating in formal documentation and source code reviews, providing relevant and insightful feedback to team members.
- Previous direct experience with a consumer electronics and/or automotive electronics product development company preferred.
- A high-level of personal computer proficiency is required, including experience and familiarity with Microsoft Office and engineering software.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
More details about our company benefits can be found!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.