Are you inspired by "what's next"? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world's largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people's lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Administrative Assistant, Kings Mountain NC
Primary responsibilities include day to day support of the Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) department and the Quality Assurance (QA) department at the Kings Mountain NC site. This position reports to the Lithium North America Quality Manager and will work closely with other QA team members as well as the site Safety Manager, Environmental Manager, and Executive Assistant.
- Support the site QA Engineer in developing, maintaining and improving the site QMS; ensure compliance with site policies/procedures and management standards such as ISO 9001.
- Create or revise Quality Manual and/or Standard Operating Procedures as needed.
- Prepare documentation as directed by the Quality Engineer or Quality Manager for customer and regulatory audits.
- Perform miscellaneous administrative functions such as scheduling and preparing conference room for customer and regulatory audits.
- Support HSE as needed with record-keeping, document control, and other administrative functions as necessary.
- Collect data (natural gas, electricity, gasoline, and diesel purchases) for annual environmental metrics report.
- Ordering food and helping with special guests for Safety
- Load policies in ConvergePoint
- Collect monthly data (natural gas, electricity) for monthly energy reports
- Track and file monthly environmental reports from areas (stormwater containment release forms, hazardous waste SAA inspections, SPCC inspections), followup on missing or incomplete submissions
- Prepare purchase requisitions in SAP.
- Facilitate issuance of purchase orders in SAP
- Help resolve invoice payment issues within SAP
- Purchase office supplies and other consumables
- Assist during audits and inspections to locate and provide regulatory documents to inspectors, auditors, etc.
- Provide support for Gembas, SCANs, and Permit Audits
- Associate degree in Engineering, Chemistry or other relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with ISO 9001 and 14001 preferred
- Experience in a chemical manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be self-directed; able to manage competing priorities and deliver results in a timely manner
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Works well with all employees at all levels of the organization; team oriented
- Able to work with remote teams to accomplish tasks on a corporate level
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled