As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you're provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family - take care of your career and your community!
Paid parental leave
Paid education assistance
Care.com/back-up care assistance
Team member discount
Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Do you enjoy helping people while providing quality customer service? Are you one who desires to make a career change? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and making a difference in the community you live in? Then consider a new career as a Pharmacy Technician at Meijer!
As a Pharmacy Technician, you will support our customers under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist and will be responsible for performing the administrative and service-based duties that keep our customers satisfied.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY; TRAINING PROVIDED
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE
PRVEVIOUS CASHIER, CUSTOMER SERVICE, PHARMACY, HEALTH CARE OR HOME CARE EXPERIENCE A PLUS
Work a schedule of Monday - Friday between the hours of 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday between the hours of 10:00am - 6:00pm
A career at Meijer is more than a way to pay the bills. We provide a variety of benefits that contribute to a positive work-life balance:
- Work up to 40 hrs
- Competitive Wages
- Weekly Pay
- Education Reimbursement (up to $2,000 per year)
- Career Growth
- Paid Parental Leave
- 10% Team Member Discount
- ....and Much More
The Meijer Pharmacy Intern Program has been designed to develop pharmacy interns into future Meijer pharmacy leaders. Interns must demonstrate friendly, remarkable customer service. Through operational excellence, interns should strive to enhance the overall patient experience and health. Interns will be assigned to pharmacy site(s) and work designated hour requirements. They will learn the skills necessary for success in community pharmacy practice at Meijer. As an intern progresses academically, responsibilities and expectations will advance within patient care, clinical services, and leadership competencies. Engagement in the Meijer Pharmacy Intern Program, clinical pharmacy services, leadership, administrative and operations projects, and knowledge of and contribution to attaining quarterly goals, are strongly considered when intern candidates apply for pharmacist positions.
What You'll be Doing:
- Develop professional and leadership competencies expected of a future pharmacist.
- Assist customers with any and all needs as they arise in the pharmacy while developing and maintaining positive relationships with patients, team members, and leadership.
- Maintain Meijer pharmacy, state and federal legal requirements for this position. Includes but not limited to:
- Compliance to legal functions a pharmacy intern may perform in state of practice.
- Maintain an active educational license on file with their store administrator at all times.
- Renew license on time each year display at base store.
- Maintain a complete clinical documentation file with hard copy documents stored on site as per Clinical Services Documentation and Filing procedures and maintain active CPR licensure documentation with the store administrator as required by participation in clinical services.
- Compliance with all assigned training.
- Complete specific training plans each applicable professional year and first year with Meijer. These training plans include basic pharmacy skills as well as build upon the academic and experiential skills appropriate for the intern's academic and experiential standing.
- Collaborate with preceptor to ensure development. Interns will be assigned a pharmacist preceptor who will monitor development and serve as a mentor.
- Complete quarterly conversations with preceptor. At each quarterly conversation training plan(s) will be reviewed to ensure the intern is meeting expectations and is demonstrating continued professional development of their competencies.
- Compile an electronic portfolio containing a showcase of successful completion of training plan requirements and accomplishments achieved throughout internship at Meijer. This portfolio will be reviewed during quarterly conversations and interviews for Meijer Pharmacist positions.
- Participate in (after applicable training) Meijer Pharmacy immunization, medication therapy management, health screening and all other current clinical programs.
- Maintain minimum required availability for the program of 16-32 hours per month year-round as needed based on professional development and market needs. Invest as much time as needed in learning experience to ensure professional development. Note, additional hours may be requested, but are not guaranteed, collaborate with TL, IC, and PDM when necessary.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Enrolled in an accredited pharmacy school.
- Hold pharmacy intern license (state specific).
- Immunization training certificate (as soon as available and applicable to professional standing in school).
- Flexible in availability and ability to assist as needs arise.
- Timeliness and dependability to complete requirements and scheduled shifts.
- Drive to stay current and competent in all pharmacy-related functions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional appearance and behavior.
- Self-motivated and diligent.
- Committed to team goals.