SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at .
The UX Research Lab Manager will report to the Director of User Experience Research and will collaborate closely with UX teammates, business owners, and executives to research new and innovative in-car experiences using graphic, voice, and multimodal interfaces as well as manage the Usability & Simulation Lab itself. This role will be responsible for implementation and execution of end-to-end simulation-based research, testing new automotive products, and maintaining the equipment critical to lab operations. This role will require the ability to contribute to research on both the operational and tactical levels by drafting research documentation, overseeing study fielding/moderation, cleaning/analyzing of data, reporting results, and disseminating results to stakeholders throughout all levels of company leadership. The role will also require extensive knowledge in generative and evaluative research methodologies as well as expertise with quantitative, qualitative, and mixed method data sets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Owns usability findings and UX insights for all usability lab- and/or simulation-based research projects.
- Delivers findings to support insights driven development cycle with minimal guidance. (Ex. Topline summary reports, full presentation decks, insights visualizations, etc.)
- Can adapt research and testing approaches to match shifting demand and situations.
- Identifies solutions to complex problems.
- Provides innovative and simple ideas to improve research workflow, cross-functional collaboration, or the product.
- Work closely with program & product managers, user experience group team members, and various product stakeholders to efficiently develop end-to-end test plans that are consistent with business goals and objectives.
- Plan, moderate and architect requirements gathering sessions, focus groups, remote and one-on-one usability sessions to refine product requirements based on user preferences and feedback.
- Document results in a clear and detailed manner, for both UX and product teams, as well as executive-level summaries consumption.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities uncovered during testing and research that should be investigated.
- Generate wireframes and prototypes as needed to facilitate testing and presentation needs.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of different research methodologies and data analysis techniques.
- Adapt research process and practices to the growing needs of the organization.
- Maintenance of the Usability Lab space and equipment.
- Regular tests of lab equipment efficacy to ensure research queue is not disrupted.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in behavioral science or closely related discipline. Qualifying fields include but are not limited to: human-computer interaction, human factors, psychology (cognitive or experimental), interface design, linguistics, computer science or equivalent, or extensive and relevant work experience.
- 3 years of UX-related research work.
- Experience with an extensive variety of usability research tools and methods and involvement in running a variety of tests, covering both graphic and voice-based user interfaces.
- Proven track record of consistently producing deliverables that are well-written and contain helpful information, providing solid and actionable recommendations.
- Must be able to reliably run, process, and analyze eye-tracking research data.
- Experience with simulation-based and/or dual-task attentional research preferred.
- Experience running & maintaining laboratory environments.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Should be self-directed with effective time management skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ideal candidates will have knowledge of Voice User Interface testing best practices and/or a background in linguistics
- Special attention will be paid to those who are also familiar with emerging technologies such as biometrics, augmented reality, and virtual reality.
- Exhibit exceptionally strong problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills with the ability to make sound recommendations and decisions based on observed user behavior and prior experience.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative thinker with strong people interaction and facilitation skills.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- User research tools and/or services such as Usertesting.com, Morae, etc.
- Proficiency with Adobe XD or similar tools such as Sketch, Figma, and Invision.
- Comfortable in both Mac and Windows environments.
- Knowledge of charting software such as Visio or Omnigraffle.
- Solid knowledge of presentation software such as Powerpoint, Keynote, and Google Slides.
More details about our company benefits can be found !
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.