Job Title / Labor Category Title
Junior Marine Engineer/Naval Architect
Washington, DC US (Primary)
Security Clearance Requirements
- Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment. Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment such as centralized heat, gas, water, and steam systems.
- Provide support for white paper and analyses for naval engineering and naval architecture.
- Review technical deliverables pertaining to naval engineering and naval architecture to analyze and provide recommendations and input.
- Coordinate and assist with all technical and engineering efforts required for the successful day to day activities of the program.
- Maintain a current and complete log of all intended design modifications, listing the primary system, affected systems, potential or named engineering contractors, contractors' points of contact, servicing agencies information, intended installation windows, hull applicability and maximum equipment lead times.
- Provide engineering support in the analysis of all technical issues and design challenges pertaining to all ship systems.
- Conduct studies and analyses, such as weight studies, arrangement studies, distributed system checks, electrical load analysis updates, and safety/human factor engineering studies to better determine the complete scope of performance, configuration, and ILS impacts.
- Conduct a review of all technical and logistics CDRL deliverables including technical drawings, technical reports, maintenance and support documents, and vendor technical publications.
- Participate in any meetings or discussions related to technical issues or design challenges, providing technical feedback or recommendations.
- Provide independent analyses of issues that shall assess the root cause, proposed solutions or corrective actions and identify the associated risk.
- Analyze technical reports from third party design validation sources and make recommendations regarding the thoroughness of the report and compliance with the specific requirements.
- Assist in the review and analysis of technical data to assure conformance to operational and contractual specification requirements.
- Conduct research on standards and production methods as they pertain to the ship designs.
- Present drawings, data, schedules, and support requirements in order to achieve installation in coordination with all other parties and the installation schedule.
- One (1) to three (3) years demonstrated experience in engineering or related field.
- Bachelors Degree in Marine Engineering or related field
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSAs)
Sellers and Associates, LLC is an E-Verify company and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.