US - IN
UNITED BY STEEL - We are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace culture and celebrate the diversity of our employees. We are all responsible to live these principles and lead by example as we prioritize the physical and psychological safety of every team member.
Information Technology, Computer Systems and Application Development are core components of our business and key to our success as one of the world's largest steel producers. The Pittsburgh Service center at our organization ensures our systems are leading technology, innovative and supportive to business needs. At U. S. Steel, you will enhance your knowledge and understanding of the IT field and the relationship between our operations and our systems. Looking for candidates that would be able to start in January 2022 or Spring (April/May) 2022.
This assignment is a paid internship that offers personal and professional development in IT Operations - End User Computing.
Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to the following):
* Resolution of customer requests and problems.
* Configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of desktop hardware and software.
* Support and maintain Cybersecurity compliance.
* Daily interaction with team members, internal business units, and external customers.
* Identify opportunities and implement changes to increase the overall efficiency of the team and provide our customers with the best solutions for them to perform their job duties.
* Work independently or as a team on projects to deliver solutions for our customers.
* Candidates must be a full-time student pursuing a Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree.
* Candidates must be a current student and have completed their sophomore year by June 2022 and be in good academic standing.
* Be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn't be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles - to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation's energy resources - our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation - a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.
We are looking for motivated self-starters that can work in a fast paced, data-driven environment. The successful undergraduate will be an analytical problem solver, have an extremely high level of customer focus and a passion for process improvement.
In addition, a successful intern will have:
* Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and an aptitude for your area of study
* A strong record of team, project and/or people leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
* A willingness to take initiative to understand the business * An aptitude for problem solving; strong writing and verbal communication skills
* A strong commitment to excellence and to personal and professional growth
* Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident and high energy
* The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
* Leadership and strong decision-making skills
* Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
Think: Think Critically and Drive Change
Lead: Develop Talent and Collaborate
Do: Empower Performance and Deliver Results
Equal Employment Opportunity
Conducting business with integrity and with the highest ethical values has underpinned U. S. Steel's success for over 100 years, and it remains critical to our company's success in the future. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status.
(California residents may visit regarding collection of personal information and U. S. Steel's privacy practices.)