Incorporated in Texas in 1966, Bo-Mac originally focused on providing civil, pipeline and other construction services for the petroleum exploration industry. In 1974, pile driving capability was added and our primary market expanded to include construction related to the oil and gas refining industry and the petrochemical processing industry. Asphalt manufacturing and paving capabilities were added in 1985 with service primarily to the Texas Department of Transportation. Expansion continued in 1989 with the addition of marine piling and dock construction capabilities.
Bo-Mac Contractors, Ltd. in the New Orleans, LA area is offering challenging and exciting career opportunities for Construction Management and Engineering Interns. We are seeking qualified candidates that are focused on project success and exceeding customer expectations. Qualified candidates must be able to perform all duties listed below safely and follow all of the company's safety procedures.
- Assists the project team in establishing the sequential steps involved in all processes with the scope of the project and adapts schedules and work tasks accordingly.
- Supports the planning and estimating stage of projects to ensure the most efficient, safe, and economical form system are incorporated into the project design.
- Assist with supporting the preparation of accurate formwork layout drawings and erection instructions for field crews.
- Coordinates with suppliers/vendors and subcontractors during the estimating phase.
- Learns and understands mechanics and importance of document control, including ordering and accepting deliveries, surveys, quantity control, daily reports - both internal and external, safety reports and production reports.
- Assists with the development and coordination of material and equipment schedules.
- Works closely with the project team monitoring the safety, cost, and scheduling of construction projects.
- Troubleshoots and resolves concerns regarding structural design with project team.
- Performs special projects and completes all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.
- In the process of obtaining a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management, or related degree.
- Must be able to read and understand construction drawings and be familiar with take-off drawings; basic knowledge of AutoCAD and/or BIM Modeling.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, as well as with customers and vendors.
- Detail oriented with the ability to efficiently analyze and organize significant amounts of information regarding plan layouts, material deliveries and jobsite productivities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Basic knowledge of safety and relevant OSHA requirements and regulations.
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting and scheduling materials and equipment and supervising jobsite productivity and personnel, a plus.
Bo-Mac Contractors, Ltd. is an E-Verify employer and all candidates must be willing to submit to any job-related background check, medical exam, and drug screen that are required during the hiring process.
Qualified and interested candidates apply on-line at the Career section of the company website, at bomaccontractors.com.
Bo-Mac Contractors, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified Candidates will be considered without regard to race, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.